• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H80 or H100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

windyweather

Registered
I'm considering building a system using a Core i7-2600 [which says 95W]
Won't be doing any overclocking.

A previous system I ordered had a Core i7-950 [which says 130W] and came with a cooling system with a dual size radiator, like the Corsair H100. Which at even full power is pretty much Stone Cold. ;)

I can't find any specs on the wattage range recommended for the Corsair units.

I realize that more radiator is always cooler, but I'd like to get the right amount of cooling with out over doing it.

Can someone point me to specs or tests so I can make an informed choice?

:bday:
Happy New Year,
ww

I'm considering building a system using a Core i7-2600 [which says 95W]
Won't be doing any overclocking.

A previous system I ordered had a Core i7-950 [which says 130W] and came with a cooling system with a dual size radiator, like the Corsair H100. Which at even full power is pretty much Stone Cold. ;)

I can't find any specs on the wattage range recommended for the Corsair units.

I realize that more radiator is always cooler, but I'd like to get the right amount of cooling with out over doing it.

Can someone point me to specs or tests so I can make an informed choice?

:bday:
Happy New Year,
ww

if you are not going to be doing overclocking then an h80 will do you fine. if you are going to overclock, which will be limited with the 2600. then an h80 will still be fine but if you had a 2600k and were going to overclock I would say h100 for very best temps.

I don't have specs but I have used the h50 on a non-overclocked 2500k and it handled it fine and the h80 is even better. I also have an h100 on a i7 870 overclocked and it is great.

I wouls say save money and get an h80 then buy a 2600K. :attn:

if you are not going to be doing overclocking then an h80 will do you fine. if you are going to overclock, which will be limited with the 2600. then an h80 will still be fine but if you had a 2600k and were going to overclock I would say h100 for very best temps.

I don't have specs but I have used the h50 on a non-overclocked 2500k and it handled it fine and the h80 is even better. I also have an h100 on a i7 870 overclocked and it is great.

I wouls say save money and get an h80 then buy a 2600K. :attn:
+1. H80 is a great cooler at a good price.

Back