• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EP-8RGMI +Mobile Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducarii

EP-8RGMI +Mobile Barton 2500

The motherboard reads it at its default 600mhz laptop speed, no problem, I change the settings in the bios to read it at 133x14 at 1.45V. On the next post it gives me a warring CPU has been changed or overclock failed. And in windows it keeps that 600 MHz speed even though in the bios its 133x14. Is this just because the motherboard and CPU aren't compatible or is it some other safe setting in the bios? Any help is extremely appreciated.

Ducarii said:
The motherboard reads it at its default 600mhz laptop speed, no problem, I change the settings in the bios to read it at 133x14 at 1.45V. On the next post it gives me a warring CPU has been changed or overclock failed. And in windows it keeps that 600 MHz speed even though in the bios its 133x14. Is this just because the motherboard and CPU aren't compatible or is it some other safe setting in the bios? Any help is extremely appreciated.

Unfortunatley using this SI orientated product with enthusiast type CPU is not recommended due to incompatible FID of the processor.

Dang, thats pretty much what I thought you were going to say, no worries..I hope I can send it back and get a regular barton 2500. By the way whats "SI orientated?"

Back