• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg does it again !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
I've seen a few threads roasting Newegg for various issues in the last while so i thought i should make a post giving Newegg some props for a change. :thup:

I ordered a motherboard from Newegg.ca a couple days ago. I found out today that the day after i placed my order Newegg had put a promo code on said board for 10% off......

My first response was, "son-of-a-beach" ;) but after thinking about it for a minute, i thought, "can't hurt to ask."

I checked the forums & our rep hasn't logged in for a couple months so there was no point in pm'ing him, so i just went to their site and emailed their Customer Service.

Less than an hour later i received an email back stating that they will credit me the 10%!! :cool: (Though it is not a matter of policy)

For the record, this not the first time Newegg has done right by me.......In fact they have done the right thing every time "I" have had an issue.

Thank you Newegg :)

Glad to hear. Thank you for posting something positive. I'm pretty tired of the incessant whining of 'one bad thing happening to me from vendor X' threads lately I must admit.

I've still had consistently good experiences with NewEgg for a number of years now. I haven't RMA'd anything, so I can't comment on those experiences, but my shopping, payment, shipping and overall experiences have always been great. Knock on wood!

I now had 2 bad experiences with newegg, I was a rather loyal fan, that had only good things to say about them (check my posting history in "vendor discussion"). This is no longer the case, I now officially resent them, and specifically their customer service.

Only problem I ever had was not knowing that some parts ship from a different warehouse farther away. They didn't really do anything wrong but I was psyched about my new system and had to wait a few more days for a heatsink that was (I thought) in the california warehouse. There's no way to tell where it's coming from so I can only count on one day shipping for the cost of 3 day shipping 99% of the time instead of always. Not sure I can call that a con. I got a bad stick of ram the other day and they're shipping me one ahead of time for free with return shipping prepaid. All I did was ask. Pretty awesome same as always.

I've had good service from Newegg, I've only had to RMA once, but it went smoothly, and they even paid for the shipping. :)

i ordered some toner cartridges and stuff ordered 3 day shipping arrived next morning from the same warehouse i ordered stuff two days before that i got the same morning lol thought that was handy, kinda sucked because i ran out of work to do couple days later jejeje :D

Received another email from Newegg today:

Please be informed that we have completed processing your refund. You will receive your refund within 3-5 business days in the original payment method used when purchases were placed. Etc, etc......

:cool: Thanks again Newegg !! :thup:

ive ordered from newegg probably over 100 times now and have never had a single problem.ive only had to rma once and had no problems with that ether=)

Just to throw out there, I ordered an open box 6870 and it came with every accessory, protector caps, driver disc and even in pristine condition (no funky clocking either). Deep discount at the cost of no MSI stickers =/

Yeah I've had nothing but positive newegg experiences.
Like somebody said, It is a bit annoying when they ship stuff from different warehouses and you're waiting to put your computer together, but that is usually only 1 day delay.

I have only done 2 RMAs with them. I have had shoprunner 2 day shipping for 2 years, which also pays for return shipping, so I've been happy with that.

I've never asked them to give me a discounted price.
I have amazon multiple times and they always do. (I've even missed a promo by a day and they still gave it to me)

I love the Egg myself, I even have a really nice baseball cap from em that was a freebie :p

The P6T7 I have in here was an open box :) although it came without anything period, has worked well.

But I guess on looking about 75% of the things in here were bought there I imagine.

Actually I think when I bought this 920 I slipped the payment in at the last minute and it was processed maybe slightly after the line, and they still gave me the deal, they have always been good here at any rate.

Last edited:
Back