• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with bluray playback from disc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pharaun159

Registered
Hey guys, i'm haveing some major issues with blueray playback. I built my rig as a home entertainment/gameing pc. I have dried cyberlink power dvd v11-13 and all of them seem to pixilate bluray movies, especially when there is a high light to dark contrast moment in the movie. This is frustrating the crap outta me. I sux that my expensive rigg is playing worse then a $25 walmat bluray player. I have a sneaky suspicion that my amd catalyst control center is causeing some of the problems, but so far, fiddleing with it has only made stop playing bluray all together. seems to think i'm running duel displays all of a sudden. Not sure why. Running on a 60 in samsung smart tv. Any advice guys?

Hi Pharaun159

Definitely seems weird. I've been green team for the last few years so may not be uber helpful (also don't have powerdvd installed) but could you post your specs so the better and brighter can offer suggestions? If it's your sig rig it's ridiculous to be having issues.

First thing to try (you probably already did) is to completely un-install, reboot then re-install all the drivers and apps. Are you going hdmi-to-hdmi between the pc and tv (if not, you should)? Everything set up ok (tv recognized, right rez, refresh rate, etc)? Can you play normal dvd's without issue? No problem playing high rez, high bitrate mkvs? Any issues when gaming? Can you 'force' things so it only sees a single display? I've had some issues with powerdvd in the past...have you tried another player?

Just a few things to check.

Running hdmi for video, but fiber optic for sound directly from the mobo to the surround system. Mobo supports the latest soundblaster. For some reason if i try to use just the hdmi for sound and video, the sound pulses in and out. And yes my sig is my rig. Thus my frustration lol. The catylist control center overides alot of video setting. I managed to tweak them, and got a good video play, but it does seem like i got to muck with it almost every other movie i play. Though, playing them off the hardrive has no issues.

Check your bios settings for the bd drive itself since the vids play properly from the hardrive. Does your bd drive have a jumper? If so...is it set properly?

Little pins on the back of the drive. Also make sure it's running in sata or ahci mode in the bios. May as well check all the drive connections to make sure those aren't an issue. Could also try a different sata cable.

Back