• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendation on $300 custom loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKessell

I don't think I can read anymore stickies on watercooling; I'm finally ready. I'm more concerned with part-list rather than anything else. My build is in my signature and I'd like to start watercooling it.

What would you do with $300 for a WC set-up?

I was looking at:
EK Supreme HF CPU block
XSPC RX360(120.3) Radiator
Swiftech MCP655 Pump
XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir

At this point, I'm already looking at $290 and I haven't even added in backplates, screws, mounting hardware, tubing, or barbs. I thought $300 was decent to start a WC loop, but apparently I was dead wrong.

What would you do? :eh?::eh?:

This is just for your 2500k or do you plan on adding GPUs to this loop also?

I would like to cool my current set-up and possibly a single powerful GPU from the upcoming kepler series. I'm more concerned with now though.

EDIT: I should have mentioned I have perused through the EK 360 and XSPC RASA 360 kits, but was wonder if someone would mind trying to help me part together a custom kit for $300USD.

Last edited:
I would check out www.dazmode.com the company is based out of Toronto Canada but prices are great. There are 3 different kits with a triple rad and very similar components if not the same as your looking at, but all the kits come with everything you need and start around the 200 dollar range plus shipping. You can also swap things out of the kits if you like something different he has in stock for that you would have to arrange with him.

http://dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=178

hope this helps you out:p

Do you have a preference of resivior or no? do you have any spare 5 1/4" drive bays?

I only have one DVD drive and will more than likely keep it that way. My bays are more than usable. I guess my preference would be a bay reservoir since it keeps everything nice and tidy?

Ok so have a look at this.

300 WC setup.jpg

I chose the rheoSmart because it will allow you to PWM control all 3 fans and the pump. The DDC is just as capable of a pump as the 655 and fits a smaller profile. The dual bay res is also a pump top so that eliminates having to find some place for your pump. It also makes filling and bleeding your loop super simple.

The one thing I forgot was to add a bottle of IandH deadwater. Its to prevent growth in your loop.

IMHO the XSPC RASA kit is pretty good value for the $$$, in particular if you initially want to only cool the processor. You can always build it out later, once you get the gpu.

Where are you shopping at? I will say your buying great stuff, and it will last a LONG time.

Sidewinders. Jabtech. Try them.

The RASA kit is a great starter kit. Go for the better rad. The pump and res kit... Good enough for a CPU/GPU kit, no matter what the elite say. It's not as good as...

A full blown alcohol blasting sub 3.00 second dragster, only 7.5 million per season. Get real. Start small, build as you can.

Or, start big, overspend, and spend less later. Is WC a fad for you or long term?

Air and new chips are beter looking every day. I wait for the Kepler Nvidia chips. Look at my sig. I'd go to air and quiet if possible in a sec............. We ain't there yet..........

Ther is NO reason to WC a 2600k under water unlees you like the last 100 mhz for a $500 price tag or must have a silent rig.

My 35x pump can ge silly, and too loud even...........

Have you looked at used parts at all? You can find some pretty sweet deal around the various classifieds.

+1 to ssjwizard build but I'd replace LTX with XSPC Raystorm and the 3/8" ID with 1/2" ID. And the Yates with GentleTyphoons, but the Yates are awesome fans.

There isnt a plus I can think of in this case to go 1/2". Single rad, single block, no flow issues...etc.

It wont HURT anything, but there isnt a need, nor will it help temps. ;)

eBay would be a place to look as well for used parts, I picked up the following from a guy switching to a Mac all for $150, which seemed like a good deal to get into water cooling.

Koolance CPU 360 Water block
Koolance Water Pump PMP-450S
Koolance 13mm Compression Fittings (x6)
Koolance RP-450X2 Reservoir (supports two separate water pumps and includes four blue LEDs)
Black Ice GTX 240 Radiator
Noctua NF-P12 Fans (120mm x4)

Back