• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help ... Ati xfx 6950 flashed to 6970 ,tessalation problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kalamar182

hi i flash my new 6950 reference xfx to 6970 every thing was ok until i run bench heaven 2.5 an i see tha the tessalation graphics was tottaly diferent i wana mean that the tessalation graphics was not so detailed like before the flash .

I try severals bios all works ok but all present´s the same thing.
I really dont know if it is a really problem or maybe the tessalation on a 6970 works diferent that a 6950.

Any one has the same problem?????.
thanks and sorry my english.

Emiliano

Did you flash it to a 6970 BIOS, if you did well that's wrong. You are supposed to unlock the shader only. That is probably the problem. What do you mean not as detailed? Do games look and run fine?

What do you have set under CCC-> Gaming->Video Options-> Tesselation?

hi sorry, this days i was busy installing my new rasa water cooling system, i rise de 4.0 oc my i7 860 and format mi pc, i flash my vga 5950 again to 6970 and it works fine the tessalation. maybe was some driver problems o some kind of conflict that i cudnt find before.
thanks for the replys.

Emiliano

Make sure to set your overdrive options to +20% after flashing your card or unlocking the shaders. I didn't have any problems with any of the three HD 6950 cards I've owned and flashed, but a friend was having minor issues and it setting the +20% option like the TPU guide suggests fixed his issues.

Back