• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Side panel mod for phantom 410

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzybubz

Noob modder here and have a question for you die hard pro modders on the site. I am doing my first full themed build finally and what some suggestions on how to make this the envy of everyone i know. I will be getting a phantom 410 black case and would love to get the side panel behind the MB cut out and back filled with plexi and led. Any suggestions on what the best plexi to use. Here is what I was thinking.
White #7328 is a solid sheet, but will allow some light through. There are many uses for white #7328. It is an excellent material for applications that need to be back lit, such as back lighted signs or displays.
1/8" thick - #7328 white - approximately 31% light transmittance. My next question is what would be your ideas to double layer or get multi color out of the single cut out. The pic below is what I want to use for the side panel and get both the white and red luminated to really stand out. Will also be placing web on side panel plexi(hopefully sandblasted) and the venom logo etched on front bay door

The white plexi is a great idea, what I would do for the red tongue is use some film from here in front of the white plexi.

Back