• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ERROR with booting my computer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korsair

So i built my computer back in December of 2013 and starting a couple of months ago, when i press the power button it immediately shuts off. Then about 3 seconds later, it turns on. Any suggestions to help solve this issue? I do not know whether it is the case, the motherboard, or even my PSU. My case is a fractal design define r4, Motherboard is a Gigabyte UD3P (amd), and the PSU is a evga Supernova 650. :confused:

Please list you sytem's specs in it's entirety including what type of cooling you have installed. That will make anyone trying to help better informed and will afford you input from folks with similar systems/configurations. :cool:

First thing I'd try is to grab a flashlight and inspect the header where the switch plugs into the motherboard (with the manual/diagram handy) and make sure you haven't cross plugged the power button. That can make it do strange things, and it's so so easy to do.

Please list you sytem's specs in it's entirety including what type of cooling you have installed. That will make anyone trying to help better informed and will afford you input from folks with similar systems/configurations. :cool:

My system specs: gigabyte 970 ud3p motherboard, amd fx-6300 CPU, cooler master hyper 212 plus, 8gb ram 1866, fractal design define r4 case, gtx 760 4gb card, evga supernova 650w gold, western digital green 1TB hard drive

First thing I'd try is to grab a flashlight and inspect the header where the switch plugs into the motherboard (with the manual/diagram handy) and make sure you haven't cross plugged the power button. That can make it do strange things, and it's so so easy to do.

I have checked and replugged that many times. It still does it. My first guess is a shortage with the power button wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
first try setting the rig back to default in the bios and see what happens.
I reset the bios back to default setting and then i changed my memory back to the X.M.P settings and it looks like was fixed! Thank! now when i turn it on, i don't get any sign of double booting! thanks :)

Very cool, those nagging problems can take a lot of fun out of computing!

And :welcome: to the forums!

Back