• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change team location to international?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Should Our BOINC SETI Team's "Country" Be Changed To "International"?

• No. Keep the country as the United States

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Yes. Change the country to International

Votes: 48 64.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been the most destructive thread that I have seen on the SETI forum.

We all joined the team the way it was, now this change is causing distress and departures.

This is how wars are begun, fighting over flags and other irrelevant items. This site and this team is about SETI and Overclocking.

I personally regret that this topic was ever discussed, and I am wondering how many more we will loose if somebody brings up the SETI vs BOINC as the forum category title.......... Just leave things alone, dont tinker with a working team.

One final thought.

Pro USA sentiment is not the same as anti-international sentiment.

You can still be a good international citizen and yet support a US team. For anyone who wants to contribute to the Number One USA team and (in my opinion) the team most likely to replace SETI.Germany as the number one team in the world... consider joining us at SETI.USA!

Look forward to having you as a team-mate at SETI.USA!

Ken

Where are the F'ing mods when you need one... I requested this thread be closed yesterday.

I'm starting to get tired of this thread. I won't voice my opinions about any kind of national zeal in this forum as is against the rules, but as Tim has said I'll report thios thread and ask for the lock of it.

Also more propaganda about the USA SETI team is not encouraged in this place. This is OC.com forum, we've been very tolerant to any other team members (at one time we have had visits fom AMDmb.com, Phoenix Rising, SETI.Germany, etc) in the past, and with respect and freedom of speech have open our arms to them.

We haven't in no way (apart form a friendly joke here and there) mentioned that we do a masive propaganda of any team, based in hardware preference, nationalilty or credo. As said in the forums elsewhere, we accept all kind of opinion as long as they are kind and non-offensive.

The issue here is not if this team is in the mayority composed of USA-citizens, USA-immigrants, USa-lovers, the opposite of any of the before mentioned, or Mars-citizens. We were just asking about the smallest of details in one of the stats of the team rooster. I won't voice my opinion about this, but I would gladly remind you all that this is a poll , and so far I know, when you ask the people, what comes as the opinon most voice over is considered the opion of the mayority....that's what democracy is all about.

Anyway, people please remind that this is a community, we should be open to new ideas, and the main point is having fun.

Firstly, let me apologize for posting in a locked thread. It's a major taboo here, and I really hate to do it. However, I feel that such a post is required on my part -- please forgive me for taking such action (or flame away at my PM box)

Allow me to apologize for my complete lack of action since this thread resurfaced. I have recievced two PMs in the last two days to close this thread, and action was really required earlier than that. I have been absent from the forums since the begining of December (personal issues) and so did not even noticed this thread until I checked my mail several minutes ago, finding a notice of new PMs. I am extrordinarily sorry that I have been absent from this, and wish I could have made several posts in the two weeks this thread has been up. All I can do now is post this apology for my inaction, and what I would have posted as the final post had Voodoo Rufus not had to step in.

Unfortunatly, my absence will continue for some additional time (I believe early January I can return to active duty). Voodoo Rufus has put in a request to be made an official mod of this section though, so I hope that my absence does not continue to be a serious problem.

To all of those who have left the team:
I'm sure you've all thought long and hard about your decision, and that no post by me or any other member would bring you back. I'm sad to see you guys leave this team, though hope that you find whatever you found lacking here in your new ones.

To everybody in general:
BOINC is bound to change things, and if you thought the past few years of waiting have been strenous to our team and it's sense of identity (are we a SETI team? are we a BOINC community? are we both? can we be both? should us and the folding team unite? do we want to be/have a general DC community?), the next few weeks may be worse as SETI classic finally gets shut down and the real changes begin. I'll hopefully be posting up a revised poll for what should happen as promised (after returning to active duty), and we may see more people leave us as our team might change to something that isn't what they originally came and joined us for. Conflict and opposing points of view are bound to appear, but that is just a sign of the change that is occuring. Regardless, I find something posted on the front page to be overridingly true:

"We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them."

JigPu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back