• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How am I doing with my first OC??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iskatefast

Registered
Please tell me how my first oc is going so far.

Attachments

• cpuz1018.PNG
    cpuz1018.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 73
  • hm1018.PNG
    hm1018.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 74
  • turbo1018.PNG
    turbo1018.PNG
    68.6 KB · Views: 71
  • mem1018.PNG
    mem1018.PNG
    46.2 KB · Views: 72
  • spd1018.PNG
    spd1018.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 71
  • hm21018.PNG
    hm21018.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 76
Running the Coolit now for about two weeks. Prime stable for 20 hours..bsd after that..so far so good folding at 100% cpu for SETI!!!!!
Just need one of those cool avatars in my sig!!

Looks good to me. You can't argue with 4.0 ghz stable for 20+ hrs. Did you overclock it with manual bios setttings or use the Tubor V software? Temps look great! My only concern is that you had to put the vocore at 1.536 to get it there. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable running 24/7 with my vcore that high.

Very good, IMO.
Vcore is on the high end, but if the temps are good it ought to be ok.

Running the Coolit now for about two weeks. Prime stable for 20 hours..bsd after that..so far so good folding at 100% cpu for SETI!!!!!
Just need one of those cool avatars in my sig!!
Nice clocks! and :welcome: to the team!

One of these years I'll get everything back in order here at home and finish the new avatars ...

Looks good to me. You can't argue with 4.0 ghz stable for 20+ hrs. Did you overclock it with manual bios setttings or use the Tubor V software? Temps look great! My only concern is that you had to put the vocore at 1.536 to get it there. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable running 24/7 with my vcore that high.

I used a combination of Turbo and manual. Turbo got me to 3.6 and then I went to Dolk's guide. I also looked at settings that others were usisng. The combination got me to the 4.0 mark. I don't run 24/7 at 4.0. My everyday clock is 3.9 because of the voltages you mentioned. Still have more to play with as I learn and read the guide for the tenth time!!

Very good, IMO.
Vcore is on the high end, but if the temps are good it ought to be ok.

I wasn't able to keep it cool enough when I first hit 4. Temps would run up to 59 or 60 and I would back it back down. Now that it's cooler out I can crack the windo in my office and get extra cooling for mother nature.
One question I have is about CPU vs. core temps? Which is more important. There is always a gap of about 4-5 degrees difference?

i always tend to look at the individual cores as its the temp inside the chip while its working away? thats how i interpret mine as :) 1.536 is kinda high but its not like i can talk. Mines hitting 1.6 on air...

i always tend to look at the individual cores as its the temp inside the chip while its working away? thats how i interpret mine as :) 1.536 is kinda high but its not like i can talk. Mines hitting 1.6 on air...

Cool, I guess I can push it a bit more then!!
Notice any setting you would bump up or change to go faster?

Core temp is the critical one. There usually is a differential between core temp and CPU temp. There is only one sensor for all the cores and that is why the reading will always be within 1 degree C for all the cores. The software polls the one sensor at time intervals and since the temp varies from one moment to the next it will show a difference of 1 degree between the cores, but it is an illusion. The software fabricates the other three cores temp readings and applies it in some kind of sequence over a time interval to each one in turn.

Last edited:
Just don't blame AMD if the chip fries after a few months. Dolk burned out his Phenom II X4 running high voltages and he was still under 1.60v ...

No worries. I don't plan on pushing it with the voltages. And I don't blame others for my mistakes!
What changes would you make??

I don't know how you got where you're at so you may have already done this. I'd drop the RAM and cpuNB speeds (along with the HT Link) down to see if I could increase the CPU speed that way. That would include dropping the cpuNB voltage as well (trying to reduce temps). It may not work but it's where I'd start. Once you're into 4.0+ GHz territory it all depends so much on the system that it's hard to say what will help and what won't ...

1.536v is high for 4.0 (maybe not on a 1055?) My 1090 runs 4.2 at 1.48-1.5. (I love the CoolIT stuff! I ran my 1090 at 4.1 for a few months at around 1.47 with max temps at 51c)

Back