• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the H80i a good cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CritzTV

I'm debating on buying an H80i to cool my fx-6300. My friend is telling me it's a waste of money and it will probably leak on my motherboard ( Gigabyte 990fx). Is this true? Because I want to try watercooling even though I have a hyper-212 evo in it at the moment.

The 212 Evo is very good. The only worthwhile upgrade over that is a custom build watercooling setup. One of those preassembled kits is only going to give modest gains if any.

the h80i has pretty good reviews, and although i don't have any personal experience with that cooler i do run a h100i and it's great. corsair has a good reputation with regard to their products so i'm pretty sure the last thing you'd have to worry about is the thing leaking all over your motherboard ;)

the h80i has pretty good reviews, and although i don't have any personal experience with that cooler i do run a h100i and it's great. corsair has a good reputation with regard to their products so i'm pretty sure the last thing you'd have to worry about is the thing leaking all over your motherboard ;)

That can happen actually.

With my first H100i the first time I mounted it one of the hoses popped off due to a pressure buildup within the hose and then it leaked fluid all over my motherboard, in the CPU socket, and the ram sockets.

I was lucky since it happened while my rig was powered down and I was able to dry everything off before powering it back up.

The H80i isn't trying watercooling. It's as good as top air cooling. It's like adding $200 EACH tires to a Kia to experience a sportscar.

You want to try watercooling, then give our stickies a read, the basic one should be fine.

AIO like the H80i is a plug and play unit like a new Blu ray player for the TV. Plug and play. You don't experience anything but you got the bling.

AND, it gives no more cooling than a better air cooling unit. You don't mention your temps or needs for more cooling. If you have temp issues maybe we can help. For now, just buy a new pair of pants if you got money to burn.

Trying watercooling. Putting in an H80. Where you don't even get your hands wet.

Come on, it's not exciting, it's no better than a good air cooler, it's like trying a new style of carpet. Ohh, exciting.

Tech, you do know the diff. Wait, do you watercool? Or have experimented with water cooling?

I'm debating on buying an H80i to cool my fx-6300. My friend is telling me it's a waste of money and it will probably leak on my motherboard ( Gigabyte 990fx). Is this true? Because I want to try watercooling even though I have a hyper-212 evo in it at the moment.

great minds think alike, i also have the 212 evo and it is a great air cooler :attn:

anyway there are reasons to go water other than looking for some extreme temp drops. i chose the h100i because it is a much cleaner installation than any air setup (and looks better too). budget may also be a contributing factor, if you're not interested, or don't have the finances to spend some exorbitant amount of hard earned cash on a system, then get what (works, and) appeals to you :thup:

Back