• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What pumps and WBs does dell use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

Dell has pumped out a new water cooled PC XPS 710 H2C.

I want to know exactly what pumps and water blocks they use and can we buy the water cooling parts without buying a dell PC?

if I remember correctly they use a "Coolit Freezone" unit but I could be wrong, never got the best of my memory while posting at 4am

A company that big will no doubt have the parts custom made by a manufacturer to their specs. But if its anything like the stuff the other mainstream companies like Alienware have put out its not worth even asking. To start out the tubing will be too small killing your flow plus the parts would cool pretty poor compared to what is on the market. You would be much better off buying after market parts and building your own. Remember Dell mainly sells to people either unwilling or unable to build their own stuff.

Same as most of Dell stuff, its usually customised OEM parts.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a modified Coolit Freezone.

Alienware (who dell now owns as you surely know) was using Koolance parts in their machines back in the day, so they're another possible supplier (and also not all that great)

Looks like a DDC. Probably came from the same company (Foxconn?) that makes Apple's watercoolers.

Mycobacteria said:
I want to know exactly what pumps and water blocks they use?

the most concise answer to that question is...really crappy ones.
:)

Mycobacteria said:
Dell has pumped out a new water cooled PC XPS 710 H2C.

I want to know exactly what pumps and water blocks they use and can we buy the water cooling parts without buying a dell PC?

Based on the information that I can find. The pump is a Liang DDC. It has a built in Resivoir and volume compensator. The Block is a fin design from Delphi. There is a 1 X 120 Rad and 120 Fan. There is also a custom designed Fin based Tec (as previous mentioned this is from CoolIT solutions) between the block and the Rad. The rad is custom built for Dell by Delphi.

To the best of my knowledge you can not buy this seperately from the Dell Computers.

Back