• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge (3770K & 3570K) Results and Discussion thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice work Turn&Burn, and thanks for posting settings.

Thanks the good thing was ALL CORES w HT :sn:

Cleaned up the board have to get more LN2, now need to get the BCLK up as I maxed the multi.

Will see if I can get the MSI board up running as well and still have 2 chips sitting in boxes

Sounds great, disable some of those cores if you are going to run sPi and get out of Win7 ;)

Sounds great, disable some of those cores if you are going to run sPi and get out of Win7 ;)

Yeah Yaeh will load a SSD have a 60GB one laying around new never used it what do you guys do load XP32 no updates ect tweak it to run nothing msconfig it shut all processors or something? Then use it for 2D an Spi right?

After some hard LN2 I managed to MAX the multi on this 3770K for a nice CPUZ VAL

:attn:
CPUz_64.PNG

I want to thank the watchers for the encouragement

Excellent work T&B

Guys, I'm sure this's been already answered, but I'm in a rush and don't have time to research. Would it be worth to upgrade my 2500k to a 3570k?

I'm just about to sell my current i5 2500k and the P67 Extreme4 (gotta love Spanish law, 2 years, e-tailer didn't complain, hooray!) for about 280 EUR. I already got my Z77, and with those 280 EUR I could get a 3570k (or a 3770k for 30 EUR more).

Is it worth it, or should I just stick with my 2500k?

To anyone else in here running the 3570k - Are you noticing that one of the four cores is consistently running hotter than the other three? I had this issue with my 2500k, and people said it was normal. I just want to make sure its still normal with IB like it was with SB, and that I didn't mess up my heatsink mounting or something. For reference the 3rd core runs anywhere from 4 - 7*C hotter depending on idle or load. Thanks.

To anyone else in here running the 3570k - Are you noticing that one of the four cores is consistently running hotter than the other three? I had this issue with my 2500k, and people said it was normal. I just want to make sure its still normal with IB like it was with SB, and that I didn't mess up my heatsink mounting or something. For reference the 3rd core runs anywhere from 4 - 7*C hotter depending on idle or load. Thanks.

Signs of a spiker!! see it all the time some worse than others!! I try to get chips with as even as possible! or no more than 3 to 4c on any one, if it is as much a 7c hotter than I call it a spiker this core can be the death of you in high OC.

Time to TURN & BURN

I know I have a 3770K that I can MAX the multi at x63 a good thing, so all I need is BCLK now to go for the gold! that being said I have a Asus Max coming in tomorrow Tueaday which the Asus boards seem to run good BCLK! My Gigabyte UD5H can run BCLK as well but I cant get it over 103 stable.

All this being said I will be running the chipper on the Asus board with AIR for some fast testing Tuesday afternoon if I can get a good BCLK out of it then TUESDAY NIGHT I will be streaming on LN2 looking to get all I can out of the chip a benching 3D, SPI and WPrime as long as I can to gather up as much points as possible and will be attentive to chatter :)

Also will see if I can get better quality video.....................

I will post in the streaming thread on this as well.

T&B

Looking forward to some more benching T&B. I so need to do LN2, just dont have time to start now, so have to live vicariously through other benchers.

mine on water at normal ambients is 5.1 benchable. 5.2 instant bsod.
12 hr prime stable/linx stable had to increase vcore to 1.308 for 4.7 and 1.248 for 4.6.

spi 1m, 32m 5.1ghz 3770k on water, 25C ambient
and prime 4.7 at 1.31

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2360164

spi1m5100_2.jpg
5100_prime32m.jpg
4700_primestable12_5bhrs.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to some more benching T&B. I so need to do LN2, just dont have time to start now, so have to live vicariously through other benchers.

mine on water at normal ambients is 5.1 benchable. 5.2 instant bsod.
12 hr prime stable/linx stable had to increase vcore to 1.308 for 4.7 and 1.248 for 4.6.

spi 1m, 5.1ghz 3770k on water

Thats great! alot of PPL are having issues getting over 4.7 on water :confused: they must have dead beat chips or bad cooling all I can figure!

You did fine @5.1 and your volts are excellent less is best but 1.40v 24/7wont kill these either. its the HEAT

I dont recomend playing with LN2 unless your looking for gutz & Glory as the cost can be deep into the pocket.

I'm a bencher different breed than stable 24/7 runners :thup:

Since the cores are arranged side-by-side, and not in a square formation, it would be physically impossible to reduce the temps of the inner cores without decreasing the voltage and/or frequency of those cores compared to the outer cores. The outer cores simply have less heat generating surface around them, so this means more heat dissipating properties adjacent to them. The two inner cores are surrounded by more heat.. Here's what I understand from it:

Attachments

• ivy-bridge-core.jpg
    ivy-bridge-core.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 165
Thats great! alot of PPL are having issues getting over 4.7 on water :confused: they must have dead beat chips or bad cooling all I can figure!

You did fine @5.1 and your volts are excellent less is best but 1.40v 24/7wont kill these either. its the HEAT

I dont recomend playing with LN2 unless your looking for gutz & Glory as the cost can be deep into the pocket.

I'm a bencher different breed than stable 24/7 runners :thup:

Then start benching, all you doing is OCing:p (with very good results mind you) For starters run no more than 2 cores when doing SPI and use Win XP:thup:

This is a good start :) http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654460
Study it, dont just read it, benchmarking takes a lot of planning and is an art

Last edited:
Then start benching, all you doing is OCing:p (with very good results mind you) For starters run no more than 2 cores when doing SPI and use Win XP:thup:

Read no way hehe Ii ask not a reader but thanks i will look see. I dont claim to know it all but can fugure it out fast simple deduction from years of OCing, give me any set up I will figure it out in a few settings and boots

Downloaded XP haha hate it dont use it dont like it but I will do benching with it, and I beleive Im in the top 5 or 6 in our team on ALMOST ever bench mark I ran hehe not to mention the points I gathered in the 2 months with the team :clap:

I have a file share from the last 4 years loaded with tons of benching I never posted.

here is my futuremarks which start from the X58 series

FM_R.JPG

Besides this have 3x that in my file share hehe

All Aside I will get to the benching was to busy learning LN2 in all of the wekk I tried it , so now better watch out cause here I come.........

Besides having A life :)

Ok tomorrow crunch time for a few mins or hours who knows maybe big maybe nothing

Last edited:
It has been years since I've messed around with Intel, but I'm having fun so far!

3770K at 4.5Ghz, Topping out at 1.2v
Cooler: Corsair H80 (High)
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Sniper
Ram: 16GB Patriot Division 2 Xtreme 1600 running at 1866 9-11-9-27-2T

Looks like I may have a stuck sensor on Core #0. It idles in the high 30's at every speed, voltage I have tried. I've re-seated the H80 a couple times as well.

Shouldn't you be running IBT at max RAM usage? Not that you have to or anything; just that it won't really be comparable to others results unless you do it that way.

Depends on what he was comparing it to, no? There is much ado about what stress test to run for these chips. Some are saying to avoid applications like IBT/P95/Linx etc as it will degrade the CPU (not sure I buy that personally - the gist of it was that essentially it stresses it out too much - to which I thought was the point of them!). Also, those applications are apparently not updated frequently and do not seem to make use of the new(er) instruction sets these chips have. So you may be smoking it at 100% in IBT but not all paths/instruction sets are used so when you attempt to use them, they may not be stable.

That said, it was recommended to use AIDA64 to stress test these CPUs for STABILITY purposes.

Avoiding ibt, p95, or linx is a bunch of crap. They have always been tools to roughly stress and test stability. What instruction sets does ib have that sb does not? Honest question. P95 was still good for sandy, like it was for many generations prior. No stress test is as full proof as actual use, and that has always been the case... They an be good indications of stability tho.

Too many people say stuff in this hobby without any technical grounding. I think the medical term is oCn syndrome. Lol

I'm not sure if I missed something but my 3770K is acting kinda weird. No matter if I have 1, 2 or 4 cores + ht enabled, I can make about the same max clocks. What more max voltage that is benchable is about 1.55V. I mean like Spi1m is passing at about 5.5GHz 1.55V and wprime1024 on 4 cores+ht 5.45GHz 1.55V. When I set lower clock like 5.3-5.4GHz but higher voltage like 1.65V then I get random 124 error.
I'm not exactly sure what temp is on cpu as I have no detailed info under -20C. Idle supposed to be something about -30C , load about -17-20C. Already checked PLL from 1.55-2.05V and most other settings. Mobo M5G checked 3 bioses including latest beta. LN2 mode enabled or disabled, no difference.
Any ideas what can it be ?

Back