• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC550's ultimate winchester thread, wish me overclocking luck!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC Detective said:
Why cant he post pics now - does his existing ram not allow that? lol

Haha. :clap: In all fairness, I have tried to be kind to Oc550. However, he has yet to truly substantiate any of the claims he has made on both ocforums or xtremesytems. I don't mind anybody sharing their thoughts or opinions, but the least they can do is be prepared to back them up. Despite such a long thread in both posts and views, not a single part of this has provided any proof to the countless number of his "theories." I guess we might believe him more if he didn't "cry wolf" so much. Of course, this does not mean that Oc could not become a credible person on these forums. However, it goes without question that he has an uphill battle ahead of him.

deception``

don't let it get to ya OC550, we're just all hungry to see your results. happy turkey day btw.

i demand results, you've had it for a month+? you made a thread about ordering it and turned into "proof" about winchester onboard controllers sucking (which is totally untrue) and then don't even post results, i'm assuming because they suck. it's not suprising because you use aircooling :rolleyes:

testing the new TCCD at xs.org you can see a winnie doing 720mhz DDR.

Last edited:
I have a 939 90nm winchester. By running async you mean RAM the same as FSB like the socketA's? i cant get more than 207 like that. I have RAm freq. choices of 200/166/133 and i use 133 then set a64tweaker to 150 in windows. this results in i think 193 when i o/c my cpu to 270x10. How do i figure out what my htt frequency actually is? I get best results with that on 4x

"testing the new TCCD at xs.org you can see a winnie doing 720mhz DDR."

3-4-4-8 timings thats why. still 360fsb is not bad but I bet he used a real low multiplier and also clocked his cpu around 2GHz and at lower cpu clocks the ondie controller isnt stressed as much so it can go higher. besides, its a moot point since my mobo probably wont go over 300fsb and I will just leave the multi at 9 and get the fsb as high as the ondie controller can handle. As soon as this guy paypals me for the analytical scale I sold him, ill be able to buy some patriot tccd and it should get to me in a week or so. I may go on a cruise for 5 days so expect 2 weeks before you see my results. I have already benched my winchester at 2GHz and it crushes my newcastle at 2.2GHz and the ram was clocked the same with same latencies, including command rate of T1 for both. I am seeing 12-15% gains over my s754 newcastle and if you dont believe me, fine. I know it, I have seen it with my eyes, you can not comment till you own both like I have because I speak from experience

i for one think the bad memory controller theory to be folly, what is actually 'bad'? i've been able to hit 290mhz but the latencies are so loose i didn't try any higher and my ram is probably maxed out, i was told i had a bad memory controller before i switched the mushkins l2v2 for the pdp

Honestly I think that this thread should be closed. If Oc550 has "seen it with his own eyes" then that's fine. But he still needs to prove this to all the nay-sayers who have looked at this thread and found absolutely nothing. Hell, there is little proof that he even owns a Winchester. Personally, I find such a huge thread to be a waste of my time as well as others. I see no problem whatsoever with people making claims or statements, as everyone has that right. But please be prepared to support these with real-life evidence, too.

deception``

I already hit 2.6GHz with the winchester with my ram async due to its crappy ondie controller but I am getting tccd first thing first then I will prove everything including how high I can run the cpu and how high its ondie controller can do. Stop thread crapping, thanks

thread crapping? that's what this thread is.
we don't need you to prove anything, maybe if you did some benches when you first made this thread it could have been informative but it's much too late for that. we all know that winchesters do 2.6-2.8ghz average with decent cooling, have some sub-zero problems but are getting better, and have good memory controllers but are a little picky about their ram.

some "ultimate winchester thread" when the origionator can only do 2.6ghz :rolleyes:

OC Detective said:
Why cant he post pics now - does his existing ram not allow that? lol

He must be waitting on a PrintScr key that's being shipped with his memory. ;)

Rustafur said:
He must be waitting on a PrintScr key that's being shipped with his memory. ;)

ROTFLMAO thats one of the best ones I've heard in a while. I'll be in a good mood for the rest of the day just because of that. :)
OC550 why do you insist on wasting everyones time. This thread is 333 posts and 12 pages of absolutely nothing. You insist that TCCD ram is a waste for you yet reason that there are no pics or benchies because your waiting on TCCD ram. Not that I really care either way but its a waste of space on the forums. I'd rather see and answer a hundred noob questions from new members than waste my time and the forums bandwidth hearing your rapant and ridiculous speculation that always comes without any sort of proof.

U guys will be waiting along time he was telling me how he was beating my a** in 3dmark2001 so i asked him for a link 5/6days laterim still waiting for it

oh and guess what i search on the ORB to find he was beating me by 200points but hes running his ram at 1T and got 150mhz more on his A64 :rolleyes:

whats with all the anomosity? if you guys don't like the thread or the OP don't read it and don't post, simple as that

bobmanfoo the problem is he uses his stupid threads as proof to influence other people's descisions. Really he's just spreading misinformation, and I think it's important that people know this. Whenever he is proven wrong or challeneged he just doesn't respond, and a casual observer who thinks that high post counts = knowlege will be mislead.

crimedog said:
bobmanfoo the problem is he uses his stupid threads as proof to influence other people's descisions. Really he's just spreading misinformation, and I think it's important that people know this.
I would agree, ive been warning him to not post these sort of things for his own sake. I feel pretty bad when I make a mistake similar to this. Instead I just let the thread die and start a new one, this hasnt.

Second, those of you who know me, I always attempt to have a plethora of proof along with anything I post, as I should.

Finally OC550 I have told you repeatadly that the motherboard IS the issue, hence why this guy sold you a $200 mobo for a little over $100. What you have yet to realize is that people have "motives" for their actions.

He sold you a turd mobo and he knew it. I tried to tell you NOT to, but you had already gotten it.

The thing that really bugs me is that you are doing this to save $$$$ and all it brings are further expenses that you WOULD HAVE avoided.

Stop tinkering around, get a K8N or a K8V or even a KV8. Get a good videocard and for once own a REAL overclockers PC. Sure there is nostalegia in overclocking old ****, but it wont play games with any decent frame-rates.

Quit buying other people's trash / rejects and start buying retail, starting with the new RAM. Followed by a new videocard after you sell all your "dust-catchers" <ie your backup(s)>

Very few people have such an abudence of spare parts, and be honest dude....you seriously arent gonna use them. Being a packrat will not get you anything good unless you consolidate your efforts.

Please stop with the "well I get playable frame-rates" arguement. You could be playing Farcry and ANY game for that matter with 2X the resolution you are using now if you would just pony up the cash.

Back