• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Will Be A Non-Crysis With Quad Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn thats stilld dropping a bit of cash on a box just to hope you can play Crysis well, I've seen 1 or 2 people that have built boxes to play Crysis with on this forum but I don't think they went to the extreme of what they seem to be doing......

I bought my quad specifically for video editing, so I'm getting 100% full use of my cores.

As far as games not using it; you guys laughing won't be so tickled when games actually do use all 4 cores in the very near future. Alan Wake will most definitely use all 4 cores and I'm betting the full release of crysis will too, and if it doesn't there will probably be a patch. Having 4 cores does have it's advantages. Those extra cores can handle any backround processes you may have going, and with me, I have lots of things going at once. I can be rendering a project, and while that's going, I can play a game with one or two of the other cores while I'm waiting. Worrying about backround processes has literally become a worry of the past for me. I can run as many things as I want to run in the backround, including my editor, and I incur no performance issues on any of my games. That sort of convenience was never possible before affordable quads hit the market.

Some people really can put their quads to good use. Those who just do gaming might not be able to (yet), but a lot of us do a lot more than just gaming on our machines. As far as those who bought a quad specifically for a boost in performance in Crysis, how can you call them foolish when the developers were TELLING them that Crysis would utilize it? They were tricked. It has nothing to do with them being "foolish", and everything to do with Crytek providing false advice on how to run their software the best one can. I find it kind of crappy to make fun of someone that was simply following instructions from people who should know what they're talking about. They were excited for a new game and did what they could to run it the best they could, following the advice from the people who developed it. I see nothing wrong with that. They all ended up with awesome computers that will play upcoming games for YEARS.

The Crysis demo is still buggy, and not final. For all you guys know the full release could drop on shelves utilizing all 4 cores very efficiently. Time will tell. And with the patches Far Cry went through, even if the full release isn't quad optimized, I'm betting there will be a patch to do it. If Crytek was ambitious enough to release an A64 patch, I see no reason they wouldn't throw out a quad patch.

I bought my quad specifically for video editing, so I'm getting 100% full use of my cores.

As far as games not using it; you guys laughing won't be so tickled when games actually do use all 4 cores in the very near future. Alan Wake will most definitely use all 4 cores and I'm betting the full release of crysis will too, and if it doesn't there will probably be a patch. Having 4 cores does have it's advantages. Those extra cores can handle any backround processes you may have going, and with me, I have lots of things going at once. I can be rendering a project, and while that's going, I can play a game with one or two of the other cores while I'm waiting. Worrying about backround processes has literally become a worry of the past for me. I can run as many things as I want to run in the backround, including my editor, and I incur no performance issues on any of my games. That sort of convenience was never possible before affordable quads hit the market.

Some people really can put their quads to good use. Those who just do gaming might not be able to (yet), but a lot of us do a lot more than just gaming on our machines. As far as those who bought a quad specifically for a boost in performance in Crysis, how can you call them foolish when the developers were TELLING them that Crysis would utilize it? They were tricked. It has nothing to do with them being "foolish", and everything to do with Crytek providing false advice on how to run their software the best one can. I find it kind of crappy to make fun of someone that was simply following instructions from people who should know what they're talking about. They were excited for a new game and did what they could to run it the best they could, following the advice from the people who developed it. I see nothing wrong with that. They all ended up with awesome computers that will play upcoming games for YEARS.

The Crysis demo is still buggy, and not final. For all you guys know the full release could drop on shelves utilizing all 4 cores very efficiently. Time will tell. And with the patches Far Cry went through, even if the full release isn't quad optimized, I'm betting there will be a patch to do it. If Crytek was ambitious enough to release an A64 patch, I see no reason they wouldn't throw out a quad patch.

I said those who bought a "high end" CPU in things like the QX6700 were foolish if they only bought it for Crysis. Not any quad whatsoever. Please be more mindful of all content included in one's post. I made it a point to specifically differentiate the Q6600 as an affordable Quad that is a very easy decision to buy.

Anyone on here that purchased a QX6700 or something of similar caliber bought it for OTHER reasons than playing Crysis, I will absolutely guarantee that. You totally misinterpreted my posts in this topic.

I think anyone who bought a 1,000 plus cpu is just foolish!! Thats just crazy. And a total waste of money.

I went from a E6600 At 3.7 to a Q6600 at 3660 and the games plays like 25% better. MAybe that doesnt sound like that much but it was the difference between playable and a slideshow.

Back