• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD OverDrive HELP !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToRpEdA667

Registered
Yes Overclockers :rock::rock::rock::rock:

I have read trough Dolks 3 step how to overclock your AMD phenom II like 3 times :)
Iv got Phenom II 965 BE so iv downloaded AMD overdrive but when i went to profesional mode all the sliders for multipliers was locked. i can go down bout cant go up :confused: i can increase it in bios aswell with FSB but not in AMDOD. I think it might be becouse my chipset 890 GX from Foxconn A9DA-S But Dolk never mentioned that the aplication supports only certain chipsets.

I Have still overclocked it to a stable 4.2 ghz in bios and could go higher i think stiil on my coolmaster twin fan heatsink but would rather do it in AMDOD becouse it got nice control of volages and all :cool: .

Pls help the noobie overclockers :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Moved to the AMD CPUs forum... redduc900

Attachments

• xxx.PNG
    xxx.PNG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,050
Last edited:
asswell why is my memory Frq 667 ?? in bios iv got it on manual 1333
Thanks overclockers

Your better off overclocking in bios. All of the experienced overclockers here will tell you that.

When you say you have it stable, what have you done to determine that? If you used the AMDOverdrive stability test that is not, in my mind, a vigorous enough stress test to call your configuration a stable one. Try Prime95 blend for at least 2 hours. What are your core temps running?

If you are determined to use AMD Overdrive to overclock, set all your bios parameters to "Auto". You can do this by hitting the F9 key while in bios.

Yeah i have read some other posts and saw that for 24/7 clocking BIOs is the best way. I have runed the 1024 thread test in wPrime and it was fine. i had FOXcon one runing at the time aswell and it was showing just under 50c temp alldough dont know how precise that reading is becouse when foxcon one application is showing 40C in idle speed the AMD overdrive was showin 37.5c. the thing is dough my system crashes becouse lack of voltage(blue bios sreen) and i cant get it up in BIOS :confused: i go in to voltage options and set from disabled to +50mv on CPU and + 25mv on NB save it and when i check in OC CPUZid the voltage is still 1.380V to 1.392V( what is that about i thought volatge stays same after you set the value>>)In bios options there is only 3 options to voltage and the highest is +0.75mV . If i can ask more questions :thup: my top manual HTT frq is 2000mhz in bios. the only way im geting it up is by going up with FSB frq and auto on HT link .does that mean my board only supports 2000mhz ??

sorry fot spelling :eek:

Can you give specifics about your hardware, please. What is your motherboard model? PSU make and model. Memory, CPU cooler, video card, etc. Put them in your "Sig".

Attachments

• Sig.JPG
    Sig.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 926
download coretemp and use that to check your cpu temp, its the only temp that really matters, your board is not the reason AOD is not letting you go up the multiplier, AOD took that out a few versions ago for some reason, older versions still let you move the multi up.

if you're running a 965 you want the HT link speed at or below 2000 anyway, they seem to cause instability at higher frequencies on the non thuban chips.

as for why your voltage is showing incorrectly, I don't know. might want to post some screenies of cpuz cpu/memory/spd tabs and people can probably point out whats good and whats not with it.

Can you give specifics about your hardware, please. What is your motherboard model? PSU make and model. Memory, CPU cooler, video card, etc. Put them in your "Sig".
Iv done my signature now :thup: thanks

Attachments

• xxxx.PNG
    xxxx.PNG
    396 KB · Views: 954
your NB speed seems a bit low, I would try to get it around 2600 or so, try to get the cpu/nb voltage set to around 1.2/1.22, and leave the HT link speed at 2000 or less. also, try to set your memory command rate to 2T just to rule out memory stability.

Yeah just went in to bios to check for sure but it seems that i cant get the NB up :bang head

I understood from dolks how to tables that for 4.0ghz clock the Nb should be +/- 2600 but the thing is in my bios there is an option for NB and HT link speed together .in manual i can only go up to 2000mhz and on auto the FSB dictate it
got it now on 205 so the Ht link and NB speed is 2050 mhz.
Think i will have to get a new bord like from ROG formula IV .
Oh and my voltage for ht now is showing in bios 1.249

Do you have your overclock mode setto "Auto" or "Manual"? Unless things are taken off auto many choices will not be available to you in bios.

Overclock mode ??will that be as in bios options cus i didint see any option like that. Il have a look right now

Thanks for everything overclockers :rock::rock:

Nope no such setting :bang head:bang head and all the options are manual apart from memory latency is in auto. i dont think i missed it looking in to foxconn book right now
The NB speed and hTT are now 2000 mhz cus i change it from auto to the highest.
will changeing NB to 2600 mhz make a big diference ???in wPrime on 32 treads iv got 10.3 secs

Show us the "SPD" tab of CPU-z as well. That's hand to give us info of ram manufacturer's recommended timings and voltages for your memory at different speeds.

Also, when you upload pics in Advanced Mode, if you will click on the little paper clip symbol at the top of the message post window it will automatically size the pics so they aren't so big. That way we won't have to scroll from side to side to see all of the images.

Yeah just went in to bios to check for sure but it seems that i cant get the NB up :bang head

I understood from dolks how to tables that for 4.0ghz clock the Nb should be +/- 2600 but the thing is in my bios there is an option for NB and HT link speed together .in manual i can only go up to 2000mhz and on auto the FSB dictate it
got it now on 205 so the Ht link and NB speed is 2050 mhz.
Think i will have to get a new bord like from ROG formula IV .
Oh and my voltage for ht now is showing in bios 1.249

It's odd that your HT Link and NB are not separately controllable. You usually see that only on low end motherboards. Higher NB speed can give you better memory performance in benching but you may not notice in much in real life. It can also help with stability sometimes, especially if you must rely on the FSB to overclock.

Is there a bios update for your board? The bios seems to have quirks. I would also email Asus tech with some of these questions. In the meantime you might look around for an earlier version of AMDOD.

thanks trents for all advices.I realy appreciate it :grouphug: i checkd on foxconn live update and my bios seems up to date but in all fairnes my bord is what it is a low end wasent thinking realy about OC when i was buying i was just looking realy it to have am3 socket and for it to support crossfire
here are the pics of spd

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    180 KB · Views: 943
BTW why is ma Ram speed 666mhz when in bios iv got it on manual 1333 ???
Anyone ??

thanks trents for all advices.I realy appreciate it :grouphug: i checkd on foxconn live update and my bios seems up to date but in all fairnes my bord is what it is a low end wasent thinking realy about OC when i was buying i was just looking realy it to have am3 socket and for it to support crossfire
here are the pics of spd

Usually, though by the time you get to the 890 chipset boards you have a full set of overclocking features. The issue you described is typically found in 740G chipset boards and Nvidia 6100 boards.

Last edited:
Right il get to work then and try and get that FSB up to 240 and run some wPrime to see the diference.
Will post some pics later

Back