• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Forum Challenge - Winner Gets a Sandybridge Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL also I never saw in the original post on how many guess you have so I guess alot since it was never posted till later by you and I never saw that till later but by then it was to late.. But I was going to have it donated to Sebastian anyways since I have no use for it and I owe him alot for everything...

I got 130 by my count. The closest guess was 131 by Sebas!

Congrats Sebas!

A few notes on gotchas in the results:
- I found a few results where members mentioned their friends did it. Going by the letter of what I wrote, this quote is probably important "the total number of components reportedly cooked by forum members". At the time I didn't think much while writing that, but that reads to me as it needs to be cooked by a forum member - not someone saying "I had a friend that did".
- I found a few results where someone used a heat gun. While they fixed it, that's not "cooked" in the true "oven trick" sense of the term. I didn't count those ones.

So ultimately, the guesses around 139 were pretty close, but they were a bit loose in what they counted exactly... Sorry guys!

Other interesting tidbits:

Craziest cook - Monitor
Interesting cook - cell phone
Most Successful card - 8800GTX

I told you guys.... :D Yay!!!!

As for my prize... I'll take that new Jiggy model.... Maximus IV Extreme... :D If that one is not available Z68X-UD3H-B3. :D

Just in case someone here wants to go over my detailed count...

Sebi, please check or redo your link. Several have reported a cross-site scriping error message. I'm getting it too.

RT

Done... It was a Pivot Table gadget I had installed that was causing the scripting error. I've removed it now and the spreadsheet should function properly. If anyone wants the Excel version of the spreadsheet; PM me and I will send it over.

Last edited:
He has his selection of Jiggy SB boards from the pic. He hasn't let me know which one he'd like yet though.

Second place winner is a member who PM'd me from Australia, who also had a very accurate count accounting for exceptions and such - if Sebas lost he would. I need to look at shipping costs, as Australia can be pretty pricey depending on what you send. Or I need to find a friend local to Australia who can send him a token of appreciation. :D

He has his selection of Jiggy SB boards from the pic. He hasn't let me know which one he'd like yet though.

Second place winner is a member who PM'd me from Australia, who also had a very accurate count accounting for exceptions and such - if Sebas lost he would. I need to look at shipping costs, as Australia can be pretty pricey depending on what you send. Or I need to find a friend local to Australia who can send him a token of appreciation. :D

Heh... I thought I had already let you know WITH the picture... :D

If that is not clear enough
I'll take that new Jiggy model.... Maximus IV Extreme... :sn:
If that one is not available Z68X-UD3H-B3. :bday:

attachment.php

Instructions

To take part, simply reply with your guess in the comments of this article. If you meet the eligibility requirements, and are the first to get closest to the correct number of baked components, you win!

Not currently a forum member? Register an account, and start some discussions about anything tech related that interests you – I’ll have more giveaways coming soon, so get active and get eligible!
Well It was clearly stated that your guess had to be posted as a comment

LOL... Only my mother calls me that!

I've fixed the google spreadsheet. It was a pivot tables gadget I had added to it that was causing the errors. I removed the gadget and the spreadsheet works fine now. :D

Sebi,

We're your "brothers." Can we still call you that? :rofl:

Thank you for the "fix!"

Well It was clearly stated that your guess had to be posted as a comment

Yeah it was my understanding as well:shrug:

The guess to win the contest had to be posted as a comment. That is where Sebas posted his comment, and why he won the contest. There is no second place mentioned in the announcement.

The other winner for second place is an Australian guy who wasn't eligible so he PM'd his guess for the fun of it. Second place was won by counting and helping me confirm the winner - that guy who PM'd me came closest to doing that by providing documentation and explanations for his count and the different totals. I made up the second place prize in post #7:

Secondary Contest Prize:

Whoever actually goes through and counts to confirm the winner for me on Sunday will be shipped some other non-useless junk I have that is inexpensive to ship. Man this is going to be a bummer if I actually have to count through this thread because all you deadbeats guess all weekend. :D

If anyone feels shorted, PM me to be rewarded 3rd or 4th place, and I'll send you some completely useless junk that is expensive to ship and requires cash on delivery! :D

I only feel shorted that I didn't know about this till it was finished :p

Can we have a forum announcement for contests or a dedicated section for them maybe?

:beer:

:)

Thats mostly what this section is for, any news we publish, including regular contests. We're trying to use this section more, so ideally it will be more worthwhile for everyone to check on a more regular basis. We don't really have a central location to contact other members through the site, and it really would help if we can develop one.

We don't really have a central location to contact other members through the site, and it really would help if we can develop one.

Mass PM! I do it all the time :rofl:

What about email? The users would need to allow emails from administration though. However, some people may use emails they don't actually use for registration.

Back