• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Magazines, Publications or News Sites?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

I was just wondering if you guys subscribe to anything or a number of sources. I just Googled "PC Magazines" and it came up with a few. Like PC World, Maximum PC and CPU. I was just looking for sources of cutting edge info on enthusiast type PC's. Thanks.:comp:

I used to sub to CPU mag, but after a while it just got saturated with adds and just wasnt a good read anymore IMO. This was a year or two back though so they could have changed.

They are still add heavy... but tend to lead more to the 'bleeding' edge than the others...

that said, I wanted to add that looking around varies news sites like Xibit and TPU and just looking around the forums here, will keep you far ahead of publications like those. ;)

They are still add heavy... but tend to lead more to the 'bleeding' edge than the others...

that said, I wanted to add that looking around varies news sites like Xibit and TPU and just looking around the forums here, will keep you far ahead of publications like those. ;)

I agree these forums have great information. I was just wondering where else I could look. Like where do the leaders on this site get their info? You know? I was just hoping to expand my sources. I Googled Xibit and TPU and didn't find anything for PC related news. I did learn 95% about my new build on here so I don't discredit this site. I give it a lot of praise. Anyway I registered with CPU. Thanks again for your input.:salute:

I haven't subscribed to a paper magazine for years as I can get new info on forums like this one and sites like anandtech and arstechnica days /weeks /months before or even if it was published in the paper sources.

I haven't subscribed to a paper magazine for years as I can get new info on forums like this one and sites like anandtech and arstechnica days /weeks /months before or even if it was published in the paper sources.

Thanks Janus got those sites bookmarked too.:thup:

Back