• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push or Pull?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobaroo

Registered
WW Block, Via 1300 Pump/Reservoir, Dtek Pro-Combo Rad and a Panaflo 120mm H1A. Now should I have the fan mounted on the rad in the front of the case pushing air through, or the fan mounted at the end of the rad sucking the air out and pusing the air over my PCI slots? Which one is best?

You want the rad sucking in cold air. And then blowing out the hot air. Since this is in your case make sure you case has good air flow in it cause you system temps will rise.

get back on be cooling ( thanks for the link ) and get another fan > push AND pull :)... suck into the case

I have on the Chietec cases....2 rear 80mm exhaust, 2 front 80mm intake, 1 80mm Blowhole at the top

poMONKey said:
get back on be cooling ( thanks for the link ) and get another fan > push AND pull :)... suck into the case

Maybe later...I don't have the $30 to get the other shroud and fan :(

push pull is the best, but if you don't have the capability, i'd have to say pull is better because it obstructs it less, push pull works sooooooo much better though :(

Pull is always the best when in comes in 1 fan situations, by having a shroud on the fan pulling, you are sucking air through more of the heatercore then you would trying to blow air through. The reason push pull works so well is because the fan pushing feeds the fan pulling on the other side meaning more air gets through. Mind you this only works well on a setup with shrouds, which can be cheap and easy to assemble as detailed in several quides on the forum.

This is why. In your case, you would only have one fan pulling, but it would still have a more positive effect then one fan pushing. This also deminstrates why shrouds are importand for airflow.
080104-fansetup.JPG

Back