• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Cooler Master Vortex Plus Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Cooler Master Vortex Plus Heatsink
by splat

Cooler Master sent over a new heatsink which is aimed at the Home Theater PC (HTPC) market, the Vortex Plus. I've been a fan of Cooler Master products for years so I was excited for the chance to see how this heatsink performed. Since most HTPC users are mostly concerned with silence, I wasn't expecting the Vortex Plus to break any overclocking records. However, I was expecting it to outperform any stock heatsink in both efficiency and noise level. Therefore, I will be using the stock Intel heatsink supplied with my Xeon 3050 processor for comparison.

cmcomvp-3-300x224.jpg

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job!

The wide spaces between heatpipes is very odd, especially widest gap in the center of the base where the CPU die is located (the source of the heat).

Reminds me of the Thermalright XP-90/120.
Great review none the less.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this review. I saw the pic and thought "why are they re-releasing the xp-90?" I still have the copper version of that thing on a e6600.

This is a good writeup, and looks like a quality product for those people who can't cram a tower heat sink in their case.

Good job!

The wide spaces between heatpipes is very odd, especially widest gap in the center of the base where the CPU die is located (the source of the heat).
I think they are targeting the i3 and i5 processors that have a gpu and a cpu on the chip. Because the heat sources would be further out.

Back