• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torin3's 4P F@H build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe you can file small claims in your state and they have to come there or hire a local lawyer.

Call hem and tell them their crappy board killed your CPU and you had told them about the pins before you sent it in.
Tell them send a new board or you will see them in court and you will call the BBS and the attorney general and file a complaint.
Tell them you are done playing around.

I'm going ahead and ordering the discounted board from WiredZone. I'm tired of this crap from SM.

Also, the 2P board should turn in its first WU tomorrow. It is running at about 170K ppd.

Sorry to hear it isn't going so well. Been watching the thread.

Hope you can reach some kind of solution with the bad board.

see if they will replace the socket, I think its about $75

I asked about it, and they said that the thing the checked was to see if they could replace the socket. They are saying they can't, even if I pay them.

Are these sockets soldered in?

G34 Socket on eBay

Don't know, but I think that is beyond my skill level at the moment. They are shipping my old board back to me, so maybe I'll try. But it won't boot, even with just one CPU in one of the unburnt sockets.

Anyway the replacement shipped today.

Was there any sign of damage from the CPU pull when you got it? Someone had to screw it up for it to be a dead short in your board.

Was there any sign of damage from the CPU pull when you got it? Someone had to screw it up for it to be a dead short in your board.

Nope. Also it did run for about 3 weeks with minimal problems. On the first board it showed up in the BIOS and ran at the same temps as the other three.

What I believe happened is that when the first board smoked a component when I turned it back on, it killed that CPU at that time. The second board died when I turned it on with that CPU in it.

I did check the CPU after the first and second boards, all the CPUs in fact, and it showed no signs of damage. The third board was the one where it actually welded pins. I've since tested the other three CPUs in another board and they all seem to be working okay.

So at this point, I'm positive that the first board killed the CPU, and then the CPU killed the next two boards. I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't my power supply, given that it was used in another system after the first board died and it had no problem there.

:mad: That is a load of **** right there. I'd be tempted to go to their HQ to complain on your behalf since it's just down the road from my work place.

Just hoping this new board will be the last you have to get.

:mad: That is a load of **** right there. I'd be tempted to go to their HQ to complain on your behalf since it's just down the road from my work place.

Just hoping this new board will be the last you have to get.

I appreciate the sentiment, but at this point, I'm just going to relate my experience to other people.

i remember when i had an issue wiht a chaintech board. it would work fine for a while then start to mess up. if i let it cool down it would work again or just freeze.

so i snapped...it in two >8^D

Well, though I'd really lucked into a good deal on ebay for 3 6174 opterons for only $40 each. Turns out they are listed as possibly non-working with bent corners.

At least I read the description before buying. With my luck they are all dead.

Well, though I'd really lucked into a good deal on ebay for 3 6174 opterons for only $40 each. Turns out they are listed as possibly non-working with bent corners.

At least I read the description before buying. With my luck they are all dead.

Post a pic so we can see the bent corners.

Back