• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ops 2 thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am tempted honestly but not for 60 though. If it was $30 I would bite, I know I'll play for 3 months and the boredom and endless hax will drive me to uninstall.
That beta release on xbox recently already was "compromised" so to speak.

I would keep an eye on direct2play.com and cdkeysmarket.com

Right now cdkeysmarket has the russian verison preorder for 20 bucks, 33 I believe for the Euro verison (which I think has multi-language support).

Direct2play has it for 33 for RU and 45 for EU. But they tend to drop prices big time after launch.

Love them two sites found out about them in the borderlands 2 thread on cyberdeals btw.

I might pick it up on the cheap, but only if it has the ability to run mp w/ bots locally... I like to gently learn the maps against bots before plunging into MP Deathmatch...

Black Ops 1 was not too bad. I along with many others were let down when we could not run our own servers. We accepted the 'rent a server' junk since it was the way things were going. Now with this, you cant even rent a server? I bought MW3 to play with friends, and regretted it. I won't buy this. I am done with COD.

blackops 1 was definitely better than mw3(which made me want to punch myself in the face for spending $60 on the sh**) and mw2 (after hackers destroyed the game) none of them will ever be as good as cod4:mw1 was :) / still is i play it on occasion still. any of them with dedicated servers with mods will be decent, biggest problem with mw3 was the dedicated servers sucked so bad, i couldnt even get a list of games to load for the first 3-4 months? and it still rarely loads.

I play COD4 regularly still in several SnD servers.. I am supposed to be some Open Warfare Tourney tonight! Just for funsies. :)

But yes COD4 is the best by far and always will be.

I havent played a CoD since CoD2... so idk what im going to be getting myself into. Im assuming the same thing as that, just with better graphics haha. but im a noob with FPS but if anyone does wanna play, ill post my name or whatevs here when it comes out!

I bought Black Ops 1 and never play it so I don't plan on getting 2. BO was barely playable at release so I'm sure this one will be the same. Not to mention having to buy multiple "map packs" that are nothing more than a patch gets real old.

Black Ops 1 was not too bad. I along with many others were let down when we could not run our own servers. We accepted the 'rent a server' junk since it was the way things were going. Now with this, you cant even rent a server? I bought MW3 to play with friends, and regretted it. I won't buy this. I am done with COD.

This is what I'm thinking.
My clan has our own server, and gameservers.com (only place you can get black ops servers) just sucks...too much down time and random crashing.

I'm not willing to pay $60 for BO2 right away. If I can get it cheaper I may get it. Not sure though...If I don't get started right away with all the other people, not to mention the double XP weekend right away, it isn't worth getting as my friends will have already ranked up.

blackops 1 was definitely better than mw3(which made me want to punch myself in the face for spending $60 on the sh**) and mw2 (after hackers destroyed the game) none of them will ever be as good as cod4:mw1 was :) / still is i play it on occasion still. any of them with dedicated servers with mods will be decent, biggest problem with mw3 was the dedicated servers sucked so bad, i couldnt even get a list of games to load for the first 3-4 months? and it still rarely loads.

I actually kind of like MW3. I like the gameplay a bit more, but I mostly play black ops when I play COD games.

I play COD4 regularly still in several SnD servers.. I am supposed to be some Open Warfare Tourney tonight! Just for funsies. :)

Yes, COD4 was awesome. Couple of friends and I set up an Open Warfare server with tons of mods and have played on it so much.

This is what I'm thinking.
My clan has our own server, and gameservers.com (only place you can get black ops servers) just sucks...too much down time and random crashing.

I'm not willing to pay $60 for BO2 right away. If I can get it cheaper I may get it. Not sure though...If I don't get started right away with all the other people, not to mention the double XP weekend right away, it isn't worth getting as my friends will have already ranked up.

Yea I had issues with my clans BO servers also.. It was annoying at times. But at least you were able to rent one! Can't do that for BO2. No more renting or running your own servers.

Hey guys,

Ive never really gamed on a PC and am curious as to how often you have play with "cheaters" and "Hackerz"

Im coming form playing on a PS3 where there were rarely, if any, cheaters in the same matches as you.

Is this a big problem with PC gamers? If so, i dont think ill ever buy a multiplayer game for PC. I cant stand not having an even playing field.

Hey guys,

Ive never really gamed on a PC and am curious as to how often you have play with "cheaters" and "Hackerz"

Im coming form playing on a PS3 where there were rarely, if any, cheaters in the same matches as you.

Is this a big problem with PC gamers? If so, i dont think ill ever buy a multiplayer game for PC. I cant stand not having an even playing field.

It depends, some games have way more then others.
Games that have dedicated servers (the majority of PC games) usually have a lot of servers that are moderated and ban hackers.
Most servers I play on have admins online most of the time to ban hackers, so it usually isn't a problem for me. Every once in a while I'll be in a match with a hacker, and it's frusterating.

did you ever play on the nice gamers servers? thats what i always played on, hc snd was the best

Last edited:

COD 4 still really active? I gave my copy away a long time ago to a friend but I almost got back into it because that was kinda one of the last best cod's imo. Just curious if a lot of people still play?

I only play Hardcore SnD.. I have like 5 servers that come up on my list that have decent pings..

I could try listing other game types to see whats out there though...

Back