• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel i7 3770K - Ivy Bridge - CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually I have access to every edit you've done. Just wanted to know where you saw that incorrect info.

Concidering i removed it some 25 minutes before don't you think it would have been better to PM me instead of quoting what was no longer there?

I mean do you often go around replacing what respondents removed from there posts by way of your privileges later on in your own quotes?

Anyway, i think it came from TPU.

@ xander89.. lol that made me laugh :)

Last edited:
Concidering i removed it some 25 minutes before don't you think it would have been better to PM me instead of quoting what was no longer there?

I mean do you often go around replacing what respondents removed from there posts by way of your privileges later on in your own quotes?

oh trust me i got more where that came from :p

Picture caption references the source of the picture, which was pt1t, a member who originally shared a delidding pic on hwbot.org. I contacted him to get another picture showing the actual underside of the IHS - we have not delidded our sample, as we are depending on it for other reviews currently in our pipeline. (and we are being wusses about it)

Was hoping to see the results, Just delidded my Athlon 630, four pins were broken before hand so it was just out of interest

Placing a heatsink in the oven at 225C then placing it on top of the CPU to melt the solder and get the ISH off, because you've creative.

Picture caption references the source of the picture, which was pt1t, a member who originally shared a delidding pic on hwbot.org. I contacted him to get another picture showing the actual underside of the IHS - we have not delidded our sample, as we are depending on it for other reviews currently in our pipeline. (and we are being wusses about it)

Hey!

I represent that remark... :chair:

EDIT - Shamino says IHS-less helped OC on air, but didn't specify how much. It wasn't expected to, and indeed didn't, help with extreme overclocks. (Reference.)

Nope I caught it live before your edit. I had several tabs open and didn't get around to posting until after the ninja edits :D

I'm not sure what you mean. There aren't two dies stacked on top of one another, no.

I'm not sure what you mean. There aren't two dies stacked on top of one another, no.

Sorry for my vagueness, I mean are the transistors only 1 layer thick accross the whole die? Or is there places where stuff(any component) is atop another one?

Not to my knowledge, but it's not something explicitly stated one way or the other.

From my own limited knowledge, it would seem very hard to stack transistors on top of one another, requiring additional silicon substrate on top of the first transistor, which would make cooling the first layer excessively difficult - the second layer would act as an insulator to the first. Yea, I'll go with 'most likely not' as an answer.

Not to my knowledge, but it's not something explicitly stated one way or the other.

From my own limited knowledge, it would seem very hard to stack transistors on top of one another, requiring additional silicon substrate on top of the first transistor, which would make cooling the first layer excessively difficult - the second layer would act as an insulator to the first. Yea, I'll go with 'most likely not' as an answer.
Thanks, I only asked because I was having a discussion with a friend about it and didn't know but I stated the same hypothesis as you. I figured if anyone was privy to that info it would be you since you reviewed it.

Depending on how far down the rabbit hole I wannna go I might PM Dolk :p

I should be impressed, but I am hounestly not impressed. I do like the new tech they have... but it's still kinda... bad. It may be at the top, but the cheaper alternatives, or the out dated models aren't to far behind from the 3770k. So... I really don't believe an upgrade should be necessary to anyone.

I think I'll just skip the IB desktop and wait for the 3rd gen mobile platforms. We'll see what IB-E looks like when it comes out.

I surely hope so, since LGA2011 is supposed to be enthusiasts/workstation grade equipment and not consumer grade stuff. If they don't, there will be no compelling reason to go IB-E instead of SB-E for enthusiasts running ambient cooling.

Back