• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Sled Acrylic Tech Bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any reason you didn't wire it to your 5V rail/wire in parallel/something else? I guess overall in the long run 2.7w isn't much, but that's three times the power usage than the LEDs they are for!

Any reason you didn't wire it to your 5V rail/wire in parallel/something else? I guess overall in the long run 2.7w isn't much, but that's three times the power usage than the LEDs they are for!
I could have but Went with what I had as the LED,s I bought came with the Resistors, otherwise would have had to do it like below.

Attachments

• LED series parallel array wizard_1258553482990.JPG
    LED series parallel array wizard_1258553482990.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,600
# Update 11-22-2009

Just a Little Update

Had to Run down the Street to Local PC Shop to get another DWA-110 USB Wifi Adapter for more testing of the Sled Hardware,
and also I need to get myself another KVM too, I have one but its in use in the Office, so need to get one for the garage Bench too!

DWA-110 USB Wifi Adapter
DWA-110USBwifiadaptor.jpg

Unpacking the Contents
UnpackingDWA-110contents.jpg

DWA-110 and its USB Cradle + software install disk and install manual (Install disk not needed for Windows7)
DWA-110USBadaptorcradle-software.jpg

The great thing about these Wifi adaptor is that comes with a USB extension Cradle so you can easily put up on shelf for maximum better Reception

Also with Windows 7 you dont need install CD just plug in and Drivers already get installed then just connect to Wifi App, easy as pie! :good:

That,s all for now have some cleanup work to do on the Sled and install Boinc Client for Rosetta@home Folding , and some more testing on the Test Bench, :comp:

So Stay Tuned! :salute:

# Update 11-24-2009

Another small Update,

Had hopefully planed a larger update with all Hardware installed, but PSU from Canada is

still not here, but according to the Tracking Details it has arrived in Australia, Sydney

Customs has cleared parcel to be Transported on to Melbourne and then to me, so wont be too far away, hopefully by end of week!
:clap:

CanadaPostTracking-1.jpg

So today I have been cleaning up wiring and doing some modifications for Top and side fan

Power and Led power.

Power connection Block for Top Fans

TopFanconnectionBlock.jpg

Power connection Block for Side Fan and LED Power Switch

SideFan-LEDPowerconnectiovBlock.jpg

ArcticCoolingFreezerExtreemeAngleVi.jpg

Now until the New PSU gets here I cant install the Motherboard into the Sled,
The Other PSU I was going to used I had to extend the 12v 4pin ATX mother board cable,

which I did, but the 24 pin is also too short, :bang head

I did order a 24pin extension as don't have any correct size wire left to modify it, only

to find out today that they have back-ordered the Part and wont be Available till Mid

December maybe, so that has now been Cancelled.

So will for now just put an old PSU I use for testing purposes to power fans and LED

lighting in The Sled - Acrylic Tech Bench for some Final pics, and hopefully the Rest will

get installed by the Weekend!!

see next post for some Final Teaser Pics

:thup:

Continued Update 11-24-2009

Teaser Final Pics

TheSledFinal-1.jpg

TheSledFinal-2.jpg

TheSledFinal-3.jpg

TheSledFinal-4.jpg

TheSledFinal-5.jpg

TheSledFinal-6.jpg

TheSledFinal-7.jpg

TheSledFinal-8.jpg

TheSledFinal-9.jpg

Ahh there some thing Missing in these pics,, and I have misslaced them so will be in next

lot of Pics when I find then,
Can you guess what they are, what is missing!!!

Hopefully by the Weekend can have some more Final PiC,s with the Motherboard and all

hardware Installed!!!

Thanks for Following this project and Stay Tuned for more exciting things to come!!!

To Be Continued!! :comp:

Last edited:
b]# Update 11-27-2009[/b]

Today after a rather long Night, Stripping Down My Main Rig, and Removing the Corsair HX-520 PSU, so as to put into The Sled.

Then it was onto the PSU Install to The Sled along with all the Hardware.

Hardware Installed

TheSledwithHardwareInstalled.jpg

TheSledwithHardwareFinalPic.jpg

Now Remember back to the Teaser Final Pics where I said there was something missing, well here is what was Missing The Name Emblem, for The Sled, and Ozito sponsors Name Badge,

The Name Emlems

TheSledFinalPiicsNameEmblem.jpg

TheSledFinalPiicsClose-Up.jpg

So that Now I can Prouldly Say ,,,,,, Its Finished,,, Completed ,,,Done,,, Finally!!

Thank You for taking interest , and Following my project,

Now wonders What I can do next ?????

Man... that's looks awesome JS!!! :beer: Way to show off the goods! :)

The only thing that would make it better is if you could actually ride it down a hill. :D

Again, I hope you win the modding contest!!!

Definitely a slick case you've built, best of luck in the contest!

I'm a big fan of the component layout you've got going on there. I've always wanted a case with the [at least optical] drives where you've placed the card reader and your optical. Big :thup: from me!

Definitely a slick case you've built, best of luck in the contest!

I'm a big fan of the component layout you've got going on there. I've always wanted a case with the [at least optical] drives where you've placed the card reader and your optical. Big :thup: from me!

Thank You pejsaboy, :thup:
For your comments, and thrilled you liked it,
Yes a fair bit of planning went into design of this case, being Acrylic Pexi I had to get it right the first time round, no margin for mistakes, as that would have been costly!

You should send pictures to MaximumPC. While they stopped monthly contest for flashy cases, they could publish your case in a future issue and maybe send you some sweet awards as well.

Hey JS...really nice work there! :cool:

How is it holding up in the dust collection dept? That was always my concern with plexi projects ;)

You should send pictures to MaximumPC. While they stopped monthly contest for flashy cases, they could publish your case in a future issue and maybe send you some sweet awards as well.

Thanks 4GHZ_or_bust, might do that, havent posted over there for a while,

Hey JS...really nice work there! :cool:

How is it holding up in the dust collection dept? That was always my concern with plexi projects ;)

Thanks MIAHALLEN,

holding up pretty good, dust wise , it actually setup now in Living room and connected to our New LG32 LCD-HDTV using for Folding and Home Theatre PC Duties with Win7 installed.

Nice build and log! Did you consider getting the piano hinge chromed or getting a chrome one? The gold don't seem to mesh with the clear and blue that well.

Nice build and log! Did you consider getting the piano hinge chromed or getting a chrome one? The gold don't seem to mesh with the clear and blue that well.
Thanks visbits,
yeah I did originally look for Chrome Piano Hinge, but there were none to be found around where I live in the country, and seeing I dont have transport and nearest main town is 150-170klm away I just had to settle for the Brass one, and that was the only one in stock too.

Back