• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cals switch to source good or bad.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erebos668

Registered
I was reading that there going to move some of the cal 1.6 leauge teams to source and i think this could lead to the down fall of cal. What do you guys think about Cals desision?

It's about time. CS is so old now, I don't even know why some people play it. I know "GREAT GAMEPLAY BLABLABLALBLA." Well, source is 1.6 + better graphics so why not switch?

when people play cs for such a long time, the change in hit boxes and stuff in source really screw some people over. I was never involved in any leagues, but I played enough to notice such a difference when I first played source to ~exit and not really play it much again. it just doesn't feel the same: the times I would shoot around the knees and register headshots baffled me.

Why change? B/c it costs an extra 50 bucks or so for people to get hl2. Although, most ppl that are in cal, prolly have had it since day one.

Just my 2 cents

It does not cost $50.00 to get CS Source. $35.00 at newegg or a cd key on ebay for ~$25.00. I personaly enjoy source. I just love the phyics, the way the people move, how pretty it looks, everything. I find I do just as well switching from source as 1.6 I think it is a good idea. Source is just awsome.

eab said:
I just love the phyics, the way the people move, how pretty it looks, everything. I find I do just as well switching from source as 1.6 I think it is a good idea. Source is just awsome.

Thats the very only reason i play CS:S. I hated CS as if it were a bad disease but sometime a half hour of CS:S can make me happy.

Wow alot of you guy realy dont like 1.6 but its a classic. I mean with out it there wouldnt be a source so give it some cred. Besides the outdated grahpics it is still holding strong since it has been out for over 5 years and over 300,000 people still play it

I hope they make a lot of updates before next cal season because source is not ready for league play. Laggy hitboxes make the game inconsistent and source is super n00b friendly . But 1.6 is also n00b friendly so it's not really any better. I restarted playing cs1.3 a week ago and it owns. 1.3>1.6>source !!!

Timdog said:
It's about time. CS is so old now, I don't even know why some people play it. I know "GREAT GAMEPLAY BLABLABLALBLA." Well, source is 1.6 + better graphics so why not switch?

I'm not contributing anything useful to the thread, but couldn't pass this one up.

Sorry to say it, but Source has a long way to go before it can be considered "1.6" in terms of the gameplay (hitboxes in particular). I love Source but the accuracy factor is unbelievable.

i think source has great potential but its definitely got to work on some bugs and cosmetic stuff.

first off, i think that they need to update the quasimodo player models and add the 1.6 models back with higher res. i miss them.

they also need to fix their netcode (some horrible freeze issues) and DEFINITELY need to fix up the hitboxes.

edit: i personally dont like source as much as 1.6 because the weapon models are so different and dont have the same feel. i loved the 1.6 weapon switching bugs (ie switching from a silenced m4 to a deagle has no animation) it just feels so comfortable.

they done the same with cpl - I dont even see how good clans could turn up because source is just 75% random shots that dont go where you aim, but is cancelled out by them somehow always hitting heads. Although I seen some interesting thread on some forums about making a CS: pro - which is a skilled version of cs:s. If cs:s isnt fixed then I hope that happens.

Pro mods don't work. The community can't decide what it wants, so why would they be able to make a pro mod? The best thing is something like PAM for CoD where it helps with things such as admin. I know GaretJax is coding PAM for Source which should be used by CPL/CAL. That's not 100% confirmed as anything with Garet ever is. :p

Back