• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me BFG6600gt OC vs MSI6600gt vs bfg6800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

homey_v

Registered
help me choose someone...i have done some research and narrowed it down to these 3, which are in my price range. If you can name others that are ill take a look at those vid cards too. I know the 6800non gt is only a bit faster then the 6600gt so is it worth $40 cdn more? MSI has a great software bundle while BFG has life time warranty, but if i over clock it then warranty is void. I am hoping to use this computer for a very long time and when games are starting to give me slow fps...then ill over clock it like mad.

my rig right now(its not dell, the 9200se came from my old computer).
p4 3.2 gig
1 gig ram
9200se
asus p4s800d-x

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13800&vpn=MS-8989-010&manufacture=MicroStar

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13490&vpn=BFG6600GT&manufacture=BFG Technologies

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12477&vpn=BFG6800OC&manufacture=BFG Technologies

haha same reason im lookin into a new videocard and don't mind the rebate...i will not be able to purchase it on time. Is bfg that much better compared to msi? Other than their incredible warranty.

im playing bf2 with 9200se with everything on high except things which are locked and i cant increase.

hey let me know what settings you can play bf2 at.

I played bf1942 with my crappy card at maxed out settting and thats the way i want to play bf2, maxed out settings.

Last edited:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=910038
it stands for 6800 non-ultra, basically just 6800. It is better than the 6600gt, since it's the agp version you have a chance to unlock extra pipelines(comes with 12 enabled, possible to have 16 enabled) and with a little overclocking you can come close to a 6800gt.

how do you unlock pipelines and right now. 2 people say its not worth $40 more, but if it is easily over clocked to 6800gt, would the 6800gt be worth the $40. i did not mention...im using AGP.

qusetions. can the 6600gt be over clocked to a 6800? or 6800gt.

homey_v said:
qusetions. can the 6600gt be over clocked to a 6800? or 6800gt.

The 6600 GT can be OC'd quite a bit. Fully OC'd the 6600 GT is probably slightly faster than a stock 6800 but nowhere near a 6800 GT. However, once you unlock the pipes/shaders on the 6800 it becomes much faster than the 6600 GT.

I would wait a couple more weeks for the next generation of video cards to come out. Maybe the prices on the current generation of cards will drop slightly.

Last edited:
i can get a bfg 6600gt for 220cdn right now. Is that a really good deal? or should I be patient and wait couple more weeks to see if 6800 will come down in price? I know the new video cards are coming out on june 22nd already.

Last edited:
I would just show some patience and wait and see what happens when the 7800's come out, Prices may drop somewhat on the older generation cards, At any rate, They are very unlikely to go up. It's not like you have to wait for month's, I am thinking of upgrading also, I am just going to wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

THANKS FOR all the really quik replys!!! By the looks of it I think i should wait for the newer gen and see the prices on those. does anyone know if the new gen video cards are all top end models or do they have like cheaper $300 video cards?

one more question guys...would 6800gt be a better choice? i will not be buying a new video card or computer for at least another 3 or 5 years. would a 6800gt be a much better choice considering it is considerably faster.

or would it be better to wait for new gen to come down in price?

THIS IS SO HARD...i forgot its my birthday and i get birthday money soon that i can blow

bfg 6800gt oc 252mb 256bit ($459.91cdn) or asus v9999(128mb[$427cdn] or 256mb[$576]) is v9999 265mb really worth that much?!?!? its all agp.

Last edited:
Back