• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help???? anyone????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loganK

it's best if u have the hercules gf2mx 400, the problem is tt the damn card can't operate at its none-overclock status(tt's core 200 and memory 200) to play direct games such as black&white and i have to underclock it to play those games i have oreadi put fan on it(twofans now!!!) but still can't work help?

If your running 200/200 your overclocking your card correct? Maybe your overclocking it too much? Try backing the card down to it's stock settings and run the games again. You may have hit the wall...the overclocking limits of your card/gpu/memory.

I have a Hercules Prophet 2MX and the stock settings for gpu and memory are 175/183 respectively. What drivers are you running? Try using a later driver release...12.0 or 12.4 detonator drivers for your card...good luck.

WillysNut (Jun 25, 2001 05:30 a.m.):
If your running 200/200 your overclocking your card correct? Maybe your overclocking it too much? Try backing the card down to it's stock settings and run the games again. You may have hit the wall...the overclocking limits of your card/gpu/memory.

I have a Hercules Prophet 2MX and the stock settings for gpu and memory are 175/183 respectively. What drivers are you running? Try using a later driver release...12.0 or 12.4 detonator drivers for your card...good luck.

its default is 200/200(it say so on the box and the website) so i didn't overclock at all and i'm using 12.40

Try different drivers, like the 6.50 to start...

Try using the NVmax app and the registry hack for changing the clock speeds of the GPU and memory, bring them down and see if that stops the lockups.

I doubt the specs for a regular MX are that high, you may be mistaken or have purchased a PRO model.

loganK (Jun 27, 2001 03:40 a.m.):
yup, it's not a normal mx, its a "mx 400" and its hercules made and its default setting is 200/200 if dun believe me go http://us.hercules.com/products/product.php3?id=6
and read this review tt piss me off
try everything and still couldn't work

Yikes, they are right... it is 200/200. Well, did changing the drivers work? If you underclock Black/White plays, so it sounds like the GPU is weak and causing the lockups.

Back