• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS V8200 GeForce3 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frost Byte

Does anyone have the ASUS GeForce3 Deluxe because i want to know about the 3d Glasses and if thye are cool or not, and if it is worth the money. I'm sure it is for the card alone, but i've been thinking about the Herlcules 3d Prophet3 and i saw this card, so i was just wanting to know if they are cool or if they suck

Hercules 3D Prophet III beated a Visiontek GeForce III in a review I saw. But seems that Hercules/Guillemont is dumping (is being dumped?) nVidia. That means that there won't be no more 3D Prophet III cards. Hercules don't sell 3D Prophet III even in their site!!!!!

Why would hercules be dumping nvidia? or why would nvidia be dumping hercules??
Dont make sense. Oh well Im going ATI anyway..

I have the v6600 deluxe and I couldn't even get those glasses to work. It doesn't matter though. They aren't important. It might be cool but hoe often would you actually use them

Angry (Jun 27, 2001 12:45 p.m.):
Why would hercules be dumping nvidia? or why would nvidia be dumping hercules??
Dont make sense. Oh well Im going ATI anyway..

I really don't know for sure but seems that nVidia is dumping Hercules because of the Kryo II video cards.....

Well, I have a 3D Prophet II GTS and I love it :)

I have the older Geforce 2 Deluxe v7700 from ASUS and they came with the 3D glasses. The card is incredible especially with the TV out but i don't really think to much of the 3D glasses. I tried them once couldn't get them to work right then putem away because they were hurting my eyes. I'd recommend the card, but the glasses aren't as cool as you would think.
Doug

I have no opinion about the video card but 3D glasses are cool when you get them to work. If you are interested in the glasses, there is a company that makes small wireless ones, that are great. If you get them you have to try Quake 3 with the shotgun, it looks like the shells are ejecting right infront of your face.

Back