• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st time water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

p1llowp4nts

Hey guys im new around here, and so far i found this place very helpful,and hopefully you guys can keep it going by helping me out. I am in the process of building a new computer, nothing too special, but not too bad either, going with asus MOBO, intel i7 1155, and evga gtx 580, among other things. Now this is the first time im doing this, so please help me out.

A buddy of mine pointed me dangerden to get all my water cooling stuff, but as ive done more research ive found that there are better places to go.

What im asking for is some tips and pointers as to what i should get to my set up. Ive read the water cooling beginners article and thats great, but i want the opinion of you guys on whati should get.

Are you looking to put everything under, or just to do the CPU? Have you found skinneelabs.com and martinsliquidlabs.com yet? Those are both tremendous resources for data.

I want to do the cpu and the gpu, also ill prob end up getting a second gpu, which ill want to put under as well. And ill check out those sites right now, thanks

to be honest, you can build a great beginner's setup using the info from the stickies, and you're better off doing that. the thing about water cooling parts is that there is not one optimal set of parts you can get that go well together specifically. take your time to read through the stickies and come back with a list of parts that you think you want to get and get feedback from there, though it's more work for you. it will be more beneficial to you and im sure nobody here really like to take their time out to give everybody who asks a list of parts every time. Also, you should state what kind of GPU block you want to get, or if your gpu comes with a waterblock already.

to be honest, you can build a great beginner's setup using the info from the stickies, and you're better off doing that. the thing about water cooling parts is that there is not one optimal set of parts you can get that go well together specifically. take your time to read through the stickies and come back with a list of parts that you think you want to get and get feedback from there, though it's more work for you. it will be more beneficial to you and im sure nobody here really like to take their time out to give everybody who asks a list of parts every time. Also, you should state what kind of GPU block you want to get, or if your gpu comes with a waterblock already.

Listen to this man, he speaks only the truth.

Ok thanks alot guys, youve been very helpful, ill keep reading.

And so far I know I want a full coverage water block for my gpu

So been looking around and so far I like what i see but I was just wondering what you guys think of the

Ek H30 Supreme HF 360 EN Advanced Liquid Cooling Kit (EK-KIT H3O - Supreme HF 360 EN)

Pick the parts seperately to get the best of what YOU need. Then see if a kit is availible.

XSPC, Swiftech, and EK all make pre configured loops worth buying.

As good as the best each part? Maybe not.

I understand that getting the getting the parts is better, but right now this is my first water cooling experiment, and i really just want something thats decent that will work and as time goes on i will start buying seperate parts for my next one.

That one kit i posted seems some what decent to me since it has and EK supreme HF which so far ive read is a pretty good cpu block(which i figured where ill will with decent stuff) and the rad is decent since ill be adding a gpu block as well.

So again, just wondering if this is a decnt kit to start with? not too expense, not too crappy....

I personally think the best thing you can do is do it right the first time. My very first water cooling loop i just spent weeks looking up parts whenever i had the time and got all the separate parts. It's something i'm happy with, and do not plan on changing anytime soon cept for certain components. take you time, do it right the first time so you dont waste too much money with wanting to upgrade later on.

Back