• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD E2-1800 APU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlMtlalchmst

I am new to these forums but I hoped someone could help me figure this out. My fiancee was given an Asus R503U-MH21 with Windows 8 on it as a present from her fairly computer illiterate father. Right now it is only a 1.7ghz Dual Core APU and I just upgraded from the 2g of RAM it started with to 4g of 1600mhz. All she wants to do is play Sims 3 on it without having to wait hours for it to save and everything. So we come to the basis of my question. I am highly literate in computers. I have built my own custom gaming computer. I have accessed her BIOS in order to try to OC the processor. No option is present in the BIOS to be able to OC it. Her BIOS is the Aptio Setup Utility Version 2.15.1227. Do I need to Flash the BIOS to a different one or update it to be able to access an OCing option for it? And if I have to could you post a link for me so that I can get it done? Thanks for the help in advance guys.

FlMtl

I would expect that notebook/laptop to have n0 overclocking features at all. Most AMD cpu motherboards installed in laptop setups will not even overclock with the software overclocking tool from AMD called AMD Overdrive. You might try it but I doubt it will overclock the laptop.

When I g00gled that model of system and added the word overclock to the search, g00gle returned the hits with the word overclock marked thru indicating that g00gle was not finding hits with overclocking in the item g00gle was finding. That pretty much tells me it will not be overclockable. Sorry it is mostly that way 99% of the time.
RGone...

Rgone is dead on. Most laptops do not support over clocking. Generally, the only laptops that do support over clocking are your high end gaming laptops but, even those you need an Intel extreme CPU in for the over clocking features. (Talking CPU there).

The E series from AMD is actually geared to compete with the Atom processors to begin with, so for all I tents and purposes, you are sitting pretty close to bottom of the product line :/

That was what I figured. I looked at the price he paid and the stats on the computer and knew that he overpaid for a computer that was completely obsolete. Thanks for the help and research guys. I guess she will just have to deal with the slight upgrade I was able to make.

Rgone is dead on. Most laptops do not support over clocking. Generally, the only laptops that do support over clocking are your high end gaming laptops but, even those you need an Intel extreme CPU in for the over clocking features. (Talking CPU there).

The E series from AMD is actually geared to compete with the Atom processors to begin with, so for all I tents and purposes, you are sitting pretty close to bottom of the product line :/

And HP AMD laptops likely blaze at freaking stock!

Back