• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE BONE PILE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No can do.I couldn`t find ln2 here in romania. I have found some to buy illegally dough. Best i could do is chilled water if i get a custom loop...... or maybe send it to someone who will kill it .

PS i really think it could do 8 ghz. I can do 4.5xxx with 1.37v

Oh wow, you got a good part there :attn: Man, I'd love to set that on my old benching table and put it to the blade :p

Nothing like drunken benchmarking to really test the limits of hardware.

Leadtek Geforce2 Ti - Drunken overclocks trying to play Max Payne at decent framerates, fried GPU
ASUS Geforce4 Ti - Gave up the ghost out of the blue, wtf ASUS?
MSI Geforce4 Ti - Still kicking around in a box in the closet
Mobile Athlon XP 2200+ - Still works as far as I know, it's wrapped in a paper towel around here somewhere
Athlon XP 1700+ - Chipped a corner off the silicon tightening down an Alpha cooler (those things were sick!)
Athlon "Thunderbird" 1 GHz - In a box in the closet, still works I think
Athlon 1.4GHz - Bought a few of these, man they ran hot!
Thermalright SK-6 - LOL had a 60mm Delta screamer on this for awhile, sounds exactly like a hair dryer, no lie... Solid chunk of copper going to scrap soon
ASUS KT133A Socket A- Going to make it into an art piece I think
ASUS KT333 Socket A- Decent board but when the NB fan stopped working, it eventually fried
ECS K7S5A - Did a great job while it was alive, until USB controllers quit, followed by sound/LAN/everything else
ASUS Nforce2 - These were OK boards, used to use integrated graphics when I stopped gaming for a while... Wait, I'm still using integrated graphics!
ECS geforce6100sm-m - What a great board for the money. Still working in a system with the A64X2, but for now it's in the garage, so I guess it's not really in the "boneyard" yet.

just blamm-o-ed my m5a97 R2.0/955 rig so i just pitched the whole rig in the dumpster
that means it's time for a new denab board.

HIS X850XT IceQ, blew a cap trying to outbench a 7800GT (only missed by ~300 points)

Opteron 150.. Didn't let it thaw after running -46 degrees on phase and tried removing it from socket, left pins behind :(

Opteron 148 Running on phase delidded, crushed a corner

Almost forgot, San Diego 3700+ running on air with 1.7vCore because I hated the chip. Screen went nuts and looked like fireworks when it puked.

MSI NX6200, RMA replacement, not sure what happened. Sparks and smoke.

MSI K8N-Neo4 platinum. Didn't have enough vCore, attempted voltmod :( Actually got banned from the MSI forums asking for a beta or modded BIOS to allow 1.66 vCore..

Still kinda works,.. but a PCI-e failed to do some weird thing flashed across the screen ater a reboot and managed to mess up a cheap foxconn mATX AM2+ mobo.. not sure though, hasn't had an OS on it since it happened, and it messed the HDD up to. Still works for storage, but Windows will NOT let me install an OS to it:(

just blamm-o-ed my m5a97 R2.0/955 rig so i just pitched the whole rig in the dumpster
that means it's time for a new denab board.

I cringed, then laughed, then cringed.....

Not alot to mention but I have a few bones of my own.

XP 2500:
Bought it used and noted when I got it, had a "Spot" on it's bottom indicating it had ran hot previously, picked it up for $5 so I tried it and it actually worked but was kinda wonky right from the start. I volted it up and within a few runs, noted I was having to crank the volts to it to even make it run so I went ahead and ran it until it died.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0:
Killed two of these, one with a waterleak from my tubing and the other just rolled with time. Might be possible to save it but really don't have the time to fool with it but might try one day.

MSI 790FX GD70:
Killed it outright with my 1100T Thuban, MOSFET failure - No explanation required. :D

MSI GTX 8600:
Again a waterleak from my tubing, got lucky and that's all the damage that happened, good thing I had the rest insulated with dielectric grease. I had it done the same way but the water found an unprotected spot.

Phenom II 550 BE:
Only had it for a short time - Didn't last long after the first DICE session I had with it. Sad part is it unlocked fully and was stable. :(

Of course there's more but no time ATM to post it up.

Yes, many that was your old 955, just trying to hard with only the larkooler on it.

looks like the magic smoke leaked out of every thing all at the same time

I'll tell ya, you don't want to be around on a warm saturday afternoon when I fill my glass and fire up the lawn tractor!!!!

your own yard is our last bastion of rollin in an automobile......

let us know, cheap boards and hungery processors=magic smoke!!!!

let us know, cheap boards and hungery processors=magic smoke!!!!

Hey, its got 8+2 digi :D

Now wonder what the quality on them VRMs are....... Just waiting to hear back from gigabyte, it was an open box missing the IO plate... Hoping to only have to tear down the beast once.

I'll post up my progress here once I get it together, pretty busy with school (bout 10 years late...) And the kiddos. Plan on taking a ton of uefi screenies after I get it together this weekend.

I buy Intel so my list is small compared to yours all i have is a EVGA 790I Mobo that died. a XFX 4890 GPU that i knocked a transistor off of while removing it from a chassis.

and a old you guessed it AMD Socket A mobo.

even with all the Dice / SS benching and overvolting i do, i have yet to fully kill a intel cpu haha

Back