• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE BONE PILE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
my little woman has taken over my storage room and made me clean all my stuff out so she can use it.
In the process i found a few of my old fx 8120 cpus that have failed for one reason or another, and they have things attached. I thought i would make a list of the hanging stuff and why i think it failed.
#1 gigabyte ga-890fxa-ud5, vrm failure.
#2 gigabyte ga-890fxa-ud5, vrm failure.
#3 msi 970-g46, vrm failure.
#4 msi 99xa-gd55, vrm failure.
#5 asus sabertooth 990fx, severe fire damage, cables melted to connectors.
grandson playing angery birds spilled my everclear into case.
#6 asus sabertooth 990fx, extreme fire damage, all cables and connectors melted, ram and video card melted into slots, haf-x case plastic front melted, xspc dual bay pump/res melted into case, three top rad fans dripping down all other fans can not be identefied, ultra 800watt psu can hardly make that out either. I spilled my everclear right down through the top. i now have all my computers on the other side of my desk.
#7 2 delta 6000 rpm fans, failed starting at -20f in the cold room.
#8 2 ultra x4 500w power supplys, trying dual power supply mod, I'm color blind and just don't know witch two i got crossed.
#9 corsair powersupply, toasted a connector leaning on my 8350 with more amps than the connector can handle.
#10, 955be, trying 1.85 vcore, don't try this.
#11, asus m5a97 R2.0, (see #10).
#12, 750watt thermaltake power supply, (see #10). I just took case and all and pitched it all in the dumpster.

whats on your bone pile?????

bassnut, I'm impressed a crosshair IV extreme, that hurt....

hey, god made chicken to be fried and everclear to be sipped straight.

I think ssjwizard has us all beat at this point.....

I am gld to find out i'm not the only one that drinks and overclocks.

I dropped one about four feet a week or two ago so another update.
haf 942 case, bent to all goodness.
xspc pump/res combo, cracked.
3 sythe ultra caze 3000 fans
swiftech 320 rad
2 coolermaster megaflow fans
lamptron fan controler
seagate 2tb hdd.

Last edited:
My bone pile is not quite so impressive .....

MSI 890FX GD70 .... mixed up some settings and too much CPU/NB
AMD FX 8120 ..... sorted it out changing some hard drives.
Asus CROSSHAIR IV EXTREAM ...... fan header blew ..... POW

Ummmm I would stay away from that everclear :rofl:
My bone pile, not much to say
1. Shuttle AK35GT2, old age
2. MSI K7N2 Delta2, old age

my little woman has taken over my storage room and made me clean all my stuff out so she can use it.
In the process i found a few of my old fx 8120 cpus that have failed for one reason or another, and they have things attached. I thought i would make a list of the hanging stuff and why i think it failed.
#1 gigabyte ga-890fxa-ud5, vrm failure.
#2 gigabyte ga-890fxa-ud5, vrm failure.
#3 msi 970-g46, vrm failure.
#4 msi 99xa-gd55, vrm failure.
#5 asus sabertooth 990fx, severe fire damage, cables melted to connectors.
grandson playing angery birds spilled my everclear into case.
#6 asus sabertooth 990fx, extreme fire damage, all cables and connectors melted, ram and video card melted into slots, haf-x case plastic front melted, xspc dual bay pump/res melted into case, three top rad fans dripping down all other fans can not be identefied, ultra 800watt psu can hardly make that out either. I spilled my everclear right down through the top. i now have all my computers on the other side of my desk.

whats on your bone pile?????

bassnut, I'm impressed a crosshair IV extreme, that hurt....

Now I know for sure why you have gained so much knowledge about them h0t azz FX processors. You enjoy HEAT. Hehehe.

Gigabyte 990FXa-UD3 - blown northbridge from contact with waterblock...
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe - failed voltmod AND water damage...
Asus A8N35X - MOAR VOLTZZZZZ(benching accident)
Epox NF4-939 - ultra failed northbridge cause unknown
Asus Socket A KT 333 chipset mobo - expanding foam expands more than you think...
2x MSI nForce 2 socket A motherboards - MSI used to suck...
2-3 Shuttle Space walker socket A motherboards water damage, psu explosion, fell of my table...

That about covers my motherboard collection(at least the dead stuff).

Phenom II 925 - lighnting
Phenom II 925 - MOAR VOLTZZZZ
Sempron 140 - dono, was benched, then used for 24/7 rig, then retired, and upon pulling it back out it was dead :shrug:
4-5 Athlon Tbird 1.4Ghz 100FSB versions.
1x Athlon 2100+ - old age
1x Athlon 2100+ - crushed core
1x Duron 650 - Wasnt aware you needed a heatsink just to get into bios, first ever CPU swap.
1x Duron morgan - this puppy used to do 1.7Ghz - excessive volts for almost 2 years.

Geforce FX 5200 - 6+ months of water damage
2x GTX 460s VRM fire...

LiteOn DVD drive - drunken benching accident, fell off table

Couple of PSUs for various reasons.
Enermax 750W modular, died while filling my water loop, never got wet, no idea why...
Antec 400W 20 Pin PSU - MOAR VOLTZZZZ..... Cought fire and took the whole rig with it.

Ive killed / been present for the death of more gear but thats the bulk of it.

old rig : athlon x2 6000+ ( heat )
asus m2n32 ws professional (unknown)
4x generic psu-s
2x PIII (broken socket& heat)
1x oem PIII mobo (maybe still working)
1x GeForce4 MX 460 (maybe still working)
2x Seagate 80gb 2.5" laptop hdd(click of death)
1x celeronM 460 (heat)
4x 1gb kingston 667mhz laptop ddr2(not working)
sapphire x1900 pro ( voltage fluctuation from psu)

phones: 2xmilestone ( overheat due to 1.2ghz oc)
2x iphone 3g (toilet damage)
1x iphone 3gs (overlvolt while charge)

God this is embarassing.. I have gone as far as benching old Athlon CPUs with LN2 on a benching board...

My bone pile is empty :(

EDIT: I HAVE A BUSTED HDD.. But it is a 6 year old and suffers the "Click o' death" so meh.

God this is embarassing.. I have gone as far as benching old Athlon CPUs with LN2 on a benching board...

My bone pile is empty :(

EDIT: I HAVE A BUSTED HDD.. But it is a 6 year old and suffers the "Click o' death" so meh.

that means that you take care of your gear. i just bust it when i don`t have any use for it. :clap:

that means that you take care of your gear. i just bust it when i don`t have any use for it. :clap:

I abuse old parts a bit, then sell them to people (Love my shop) People seem not to mind to get deals like paying 10 bucks for an old Athlon cpu / board combo haha

I abuse old parts a bit, then sell them to people (Love my shop) People seem not to mind to get deals like paying 10 bucks for an old Athlon cpu / board combo haha

i know what you`re say`n. I was thinking of buying some old(P4,A64) rigs, and give them a viking burrial (in flames).

i know what you`re say`n. I was thinking of buying some old(P4,A64) rigs, and give them a viking burrial (in flames).

Lmao, That's typically who buys these parts now'days.. Get a guy coming in a few days later with some awesome pics of what happens when you pump 1.9v through a CPU with no heatsink on, etc.. Sad to see em go in flames, but its good for a laugh :D

Well I don't really have anything that's busted but I do have a few old parts kicking around. Found these gems the other weekend when I was out in my shop.

They should be an Athlon 550mhz, Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred 1.8GHz, and a Athlon 64 4000+ 2.6GHz.

Attachments

• IMG-20121201-00307.jpg
    IMG-20121201-00307.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 389
I've got a dead 955 BE w/ IHS turned into a keychain, cracked die under LN2 temp pulldown :D

Killed a Gigabyte A75-UD4H, some G.Skill D9GMH, PSC, and M4A89TD Pro that committed suicide in a 24/7 rig.

My bone pile is small but it was impressive. Tried to replace two capacitors on my Antec TP 430 for a kt400. Never did it before, thought I'd try it. It turns out this is a very stupid thing to do.

Booted up, got the BIOS splash screen, about three seconds later...KABLAMMO!!

Big white puff of toxic smoke in my living room. Blew the tops off both caps. Pulled the plug and unbelievably, nothing else fried.

Asus Socket A KT 333 chipset mobo - expanding foam expands more than you think...

Nice... I like that one.

:rofl:

Last edited:
Well I don't really have anything that's busted but I do have a few old parts kicking around. Found these gems the other weekend when I was out in my shop.

They should be an Athlon 550mhz, Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred 1.8GHz, and a Athlon 64 4000+ 2.6GHz.

Omg that old slot Athlon, I have a couple laying around-- those things were champs :attn:

LN2 that bad boy and try for 8 GHz first :eek:

No can do.I couldn`t find ln2 here in romania. I have found some to buy illegally dough. Best i could do is chilled water if i get a custom loop...... or maybe send it to someone who will kill it .

PS i really think it could do 8 ghz. I can do 4.5xxx with 1.37v

Back