• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft word 2007 troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cat1560

Registered
anyone know how to fix this annoying word 2007 word problem were everything is gray maybe low rez mode :(

i attached a image :thup:

sorry for the lazynes its rather late and i should get some sleep :sly:

Attachments

• no gray.doc
    78.5 KB · Views: 33
Did you attach a picture inside that doc? I didn't download to look, but if it's a picture... you can just upload it to the forum instead.

You just attach the image file instead of .doc file to your post. Here's his image:

Attachments

• WordImage.jpg
    WordImage.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 77
I managed to figure out how to install both Microsoft Word 2003 and 2013 side by side. I changed the color of "paper" inside Windows settings but as you can see the background color appears to be the same on my MS Word 2003 as your MS Word 2007:

Word2003Colors.png Word2013Colors.png

• Under Windows 8, I wrote this in my notes:
* When using a word processor (for example) change the window color from white to off white:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors and change the value of: Window to 255 243 215

• Under Windows XP, I wrote this in my notes:
* Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Desktop TAB > Customize Desktop... button >

Appearance TAB > Advanced button > Under Item: Select Window
then under Color 1: Select Other…
Adjust word processor background color:
28 255
240 243
221 215
Add to Custom Colors > select the newly added Custom Color > OK > OK > OK

are you refuring to the paper color as that's not the problem just check out the menu bar the color is normally mostly blue like the 2013 one but somehow it got changed into looking like 2003 :shrug:

File
Options
General
Color Scheme > Blue

It that what you want to change? Default in my 2010 is Silver.

well no it dident help it is default by blue and changing it has no affect you can see the difference between the staderd and what it is now quite clearly

i mean look at the images standard is the blue colorful one and mine is the grey depressing one someone help solve this annoyance

Attachments

• Microsoft_Office.png
    Microsoft_Office.png
    28 KB · Views: 66
  • WordImage bad.jpg
    WordImage bad.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 50
JLK03F150 was on the right track. You just need to change the color theme from the current silver to the default blue. You can change it from within Word Options--> Popular...

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 43
I said before it dose not help it stays the same gray no mater how you change it but I know what you mean it would normally change the color like the images I attached

you can do it just fine on a normal Microsoft windows that's on a different computer it is nothing like the color I got the color I have cant be changed and its a much darker gray :bang head:bang head

just look at mine then look at the sliver they look nothing alike its like I got some kind of low rez mode

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 30
  • gtr.jpg
    gtr.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 27
Back