• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what gives cant run prim95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falconh

Registered
just built My comp. MSI 990FXA-GD80, AMD 8350, 16gig corsair ddr3 vengeance. i run prime95 and runs for about 15 seconds then blue screen.
Please help. let me know what more info is needed to help.
Thank you

well got it running and seems to be stable so far under stock values. it seems that i was user error in running it. i dont know but i re downloaded it and ran it to get the code. and well it is still going

User error? You mean something wrong with Prime95 itself? Did you reinstall it?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it was my error and "end user error". Are you talking about having unstable overclock settings or hardware problems that cause this error? I've never gotten that kind of message from Prime95.

I think they mean that they did something wrong before and realised this, rather than the program actually outputting this error.

sorry i was away from my comp. I think what it was is I was doing something wrong or did not have a good copy of it I uninstalled it redownloaded it and it seems to be running like a champ. ran it for about an hour or so and cpu temps never got over 50c. going to do some reading into the FX8350 and see what it likes for a 4.5 to 4.7 ish but i think ill shoot for a 4.4 or less baby steps. got to crawl before I can fun. yes im fairly new in over clocking. My goal is to hit the 5.0 but im sure I dont even have the CPU cooling for that just yet. I am running a corsair H80i in a fully stocked (fan wise corsair sp120's performance editions)

Back