• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED no sleep button

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

the other day i removed my gfx card and used the dvi connection on my mobo. when i turned pc on it installed some drivers for it and ever since the sleep button is grayed out.

i have another gfx card in now but cant find how to get rid of the driver to get my sleep button back. any ideas??

When you removed the driver from your on-board graphics card did you then re-install the AMD drivers as it could be a conflict from the on-board to the dedicated card.

I would download and install Driver Fusion and do a fresh install of the drivers for your card again, just remove the GPU driver then open up DF and scan for AMD drivers then delete them and reboot and then reinstall see if that solves the issue.

i haven't removed the on board drivers yet, thats what i cant figure out how to do :/
it was doing it before i installed the new card and amd drivers

Taking a wild guess, but it was probably disabled to prevent the PC from going to sleep during driver/Windows Update installation, which could screw things up pretty easily.

Taking a wild guess, but it was probably disabled to prevent the PC from going to sleep during driver/Windows Update installation, which could screw things up pretty easily.

Or the drivers reported to Windows that the GPU doesn't support the S1/S3 sleep states. (Until a reboot anyway)

Back