• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Chose PC Speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aurimas

Hello,

I am going to buy new PC speakers, because my old ones are broken.
For Now I have only 2 variants:
1) Logitech Z523 2.1 (40W)
2) Creative GigaWorks T20 2.0 (28W)

Firstly, I have integrated audio card, so I don't know if it is possible to reach maximum power.
Also Is 2.0 system worth buying if there it is 2.1? And one more thing - z523 has more power, so I like that :)
I need speakers mainly for music, also for movies and games. I don't listen to electronic music much, so maybe I dont need subwoofer? Also as I found, Creative has 50Hz - 20kHz range, Logitech - 35Hz - 20kHz range. So not a big difference yeah? Please give me some advices and help me to chose. Also if you think that there is better speakers than these - offer!

P.S. Sorry, but english is not my native language.

Thanks for your help. :)

Get a digital amplifier (used is OK) and some speakers (used is very good for getting great deals). Then you're only dealing with a digital connection and you won't need a sound card.

Nah, I can't spend so much for PC speakers.

What about microlab fc-330?

The Z623's are only $15 more on Amazon. Sorry, but I guess I can't answer your question because I don't know about the other options.

These CA-3602s are popular.

EDIT: What volume do you generally listen at?

EDITED EDIT: If you can stretch to $99, that is the usual price for Logitech Z623s.

Last edited:
Where would you be buying them? Maybe list a website or two that you would buy from.

I use Logitech Z623 as well and have been very happy with them.

Back