• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Update completed. If your PSU's did not make it onto the list, it is for these two reasons:

To make this list, power supplies must use quality parts and be CROSSLOAD/HOTBOX tested. Temps should be 40-45C

Please post these here and I will update the first post as people report them. Please link a review supporting and confirming your statement. *the link has to include crossload/hotbox test

-D

I just wanted to add all these to the AVOID list. This was posted by davidhammock and tweaked by Paul @ [h] so its a good list. here is the original link: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=974240

Some of these PSU's are dangerous to your system, some are just sub-standard,
however NONE can be recommended, for high performance or over-clocked systems.

Achieve
Aerocool
Allied
Apex
Arrow,
Aspire > Dangerous! They don't even pretend to meet the ATX/AMD/Intel specs!
Austin
Codegen
Coolmax
Demon
Deer
Duro
Dynapower
Eagle
EagleTech
Foxconn
Foxlink
Hercules
InWin (except FSP models)
JustPC
Key Mouse
Kingwin
L&C
Logic
Linkworld
Macron Power
MGE
Mustang
Okia
Power-Man (except FSP models)
Powmax
Power-Up
Powerstar
QMax
Qtec
q-tec
Raidmax (except Topower/Tagan models, not sold with cases)
Real PC Power
Rhycon
Robanton
Rosewill
Skyhawk
Thermaltake (SIRTEC and non-Toughpower Units)
TMP-ANS
Tsunami
Turbo
Turbolink
Ultra (X-Connect only)
US-Can
Viomax

Some of these PSU's are dangerous to your system, some are just sub-standard,
however NONE can be recommended, for high performance or over-clocked systems.

P/C POWER AND COOLING

Reading all the post I must of missed something. I didn't see that anybody is using p/c prower and cooling single rail power supplies. Is there a reason.

PC&P is now owned by ocz, i read the quality has dropped. i still have old faithful, PC&P 510DLX pre-pcie.

Thanks for getting back Evilsizer. I didn't know that. Is there another single rail power supply that I should be looking at.

not sure why to just limit to single rails. OW is working on getting a review posted at JonnyGuru. about a seasonic 650watt modulor psu that is Gold rated. from what he told me in pm and he has said in the FS of said psu. it is one of the best as far as holding 80+ eff rating and beating Gold requirements. the psu is listed on newegg but for $179, depends on what your after.

for single rail though, corsair has VX/TX/HX lines that are SeaSonic based that are single rail. im sure there are others but that is really the only one i can think of worth suggesting.

Thank you every body for the sites and info. I always start with the P/S when thinking of a new rebuild. In resent times P/S have change so much, I'm behind. As we all know if the P/S isn't doing its job nothing is right. I will put all this together and pick one. The next thing is a tower, boy oh boy are there a lot of choices out there. I'm talking air cooling. Thanks for all your sites and inputs.

Back