• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible psu problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BILL-THE-CAT

Hello, about a week ago I had unplugged my PC to move it for cleaning of my room, after I pluged everything back in and went to turn my PC on... Nothing happens, I checked to see if I missed something when hooking it back up. Everything was good. Didn't know what to do so I hop on my phone and try to see if google could turn anything up. Read a few options and went try it out and just by chance try to turn the PC on normally, it works! Didn't think twice started playing some games.
Now I had to unplug the PC once again totally not thinking about last week same problem happens, and once again I turn to google, and I try the few things that turn up( try jumping psu and just waiting.... Also to note I can't say I searched as much as I could have but unfortunately busy schedule stoped me so now I turn to the wonderful people of these forums and hope to get some advice and hope I'm not told my psu took a **** on me.
Thanks for any help!

Psu- Antec 520 HCG M Series

It doesn't exactly sound good for your PSU.
That said, that's a pretty good PSU. Seasonic S12-II platform, all nippon chemi-con caps, solid stuff.

Have you tried unplugging everything from the PSU and jumpstarting it with a paperclip? Details are in my signature.
If it jumpstarts fine and has good voltages but doesn't work when plugged into the rest of your hardware that implies something else has an issue (but doesn't prove it).
If it won't jumpstart, make sure that the PSU power cord is fully inserted and is tight. If it is, try another cord anyway (if you have one). If it still won't jumpstart, it's most likely dead.

Thanks Bobnova, followed links instructions, and my biggest fear came true:\ psu dead as... Well dead. Its unfortunate mostly because I haven't even had the psu a year. Ooh well I suppose. Thanks again

RMA it, Antec has pretty good warranty service from what I've heard.
I'm surprised it died.

It is still covers under its 5 year manufacturers warranty, even though it was bought open box! Called there customer serves took about 25min to get it done. Hope to have my new psu by this time next week! New love for Antec customer service.

Antec is, in my experience, a good company all the way around.
Please keep us updated!

Hello again! So I received my new psu, it came a whole 3 days earlier then it was supposed to, witch is nice. But! It was the wrong psu... Oh wait there's another but! It was an 800watts. No complaints there, called to let them know( I know to Much integrity) but I guess the model I rma'd was on back order so I was upgraded:) I don't know why there was such a jump but I can't complain.
The psu is working great, will be looking forward to doing business with Antec again.

Always good to hear good customer service stories, and kudos to you for making sure you didn't profit from a mistake.

Back