• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p3@200mhz FSB on abit bx133 RAID :)))))

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

F0

Registered
what happened when i set the FSB to 200mhz, I didn't think it would boot but it does :) just to show me it's at 415mhz, stange huh. back in bios to see what just happened :) well it show that it is at 200 hmmmmm.... at 180 it can NOT boot because it is really at 180 but why at 200 it's real speed is 83.30 anyone know why?
And I have a question about Tualatin, can I use it at that MB? The newest BIOS say yes but I've read that it have some differences from Coppermine, or that the bx chipset can't use it? And what about the 512kb versions?

Last edited:
Tualatin

cmon ppl I need info for that Tualatin.
or to post that on Intel Processors?

The tualatin has a differant pin out than the coppermines, also it uses a differant vrm standard, so if someone came up with an adapter it would need it's own vrm on it, unless of course you rebuilt the vrm on your motherboard, I'm sure some japanese hardware nuts will find a way of modifying coppermine boards for it

wow reply , 10x
well I'm almost happy with that P3 667@745.
@750 I have some probs with the videocard when play games for around 30min. It's GeForce2MX and seem to have problems at 100mhz AGP bus. I have only 2/3 for AGP bus.

yeah the bx does only support a 2/3 divider.
Have you tryed turning off side band adressing, or running at AGP 1X
Also try setting the agp aperture to the lowest (it's either 4 or 8mb) this stops agp transfers which may lower performance, but I would think the extra bus and cpu speed would more than compensate

Well the side band adressing is turned off , and the AGP is at 1X , but when I use just Win and some programs it is ok @100mhz AGP bus. I'll try would setting the agp aperture to 4 help, but right now won't because I've to reinstall Win, there is something wrong my scores from 3DMark2001 are 1/3 from what usually I make , hmmmm what..... It's good that i find out this problem, because I planned to change that 128mb pc133 with 128mb pc166 and try would I go to 160fsb or even more but now...........well 10x

Back