• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars (Winter Wars) 2009

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cant wait! Let us know when you get your cards as well. What PSU are you going to run? I ordered the silverstone decathalon DA1000 when i ordered the cards this morning, hopefully it should work. It rated at 80amps on the 12v rail so i dont see why it shouldnt.

That's a great choice! The Silverstones seem to be the way to go these days...
How do you like the board & chip?

if anyone would like to join the team just follow the link in my sig that says join the fray!

i dont think you have to join the team to be in the wars but it would prolly be better since we have some real good knowledgable guys on our team that can help you thru just about anything

Acceptable Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, 2008 or Vista and all variants of each (32-bit/64-bit, home/pro/ultimate, etc.)

im guessing that means no windows 7. ask deanzo to be sure.

Acceptable Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, 2008 or Vista and all variants of each (32-bit/64-bit, home/pro/ultimate, etc.)

im guessing that means no windows 7. ask deanzo to be sure.

now Im also curious, Im dling a 7 beta from ms now to see if 8gb wins over 3gb :D

It starts this weekend, over the two weeks there after it's for posting stock scores.

Then it's time to post overclocked scores the two weeks after that.

Before the weekend I'll post a "how to post a score" in this thread, and put a link to where they needed to be posted.

We get everyone to post stock scores so...
1: We know for real who will take part, some say they will and we never see them again. But if they post a stock score you almost always see an overclocked score from them.
2: Locks in what hardware they are using.
3: But posting a stock score we know they know how to post an overclock score (whats needed in the screen shot etc etc) and they then can't say they didn't know.

But it's all very easy, and there are many here to help.

I got a Q6600 and a 9600gt, is there any possible way I can be competitive?

Alright cool... Now this is really making want to go out and by a 4870x2

It made me actually buy a 4870x2, so don't feel bad, lol.

Sorry, No Windows 7 for this Forum Wars as it's still a beta.

Aw, sad panda. Well, at least if, as I remember, Vista is necessary to make my 4870x2 run to its full potential, if not eff it I'll run XP as always.

And as a general note to echo the sentiments of other posters, FW is a blast every time, and we win A LOT. I think we've won every time I've had the honor of playing on our team. I'm psyched to make a contribution again now that I've got some competitive video.

I got a Q6600 and a 9600gt, is there any possible way I can be competitive?

That's a perfect fit for the E class...if you are on air cooling, and as long as you have a desire to push you stuff to the limit and learn a lot :beer:

It made me actually buy a 4870x2, so don't feel bad, lol.

Aw, sad panda. Well, at least if, as I remember, Vista is necessary to make my 4870x2 run to its full potential, if not eff it I'll run XP as always.

And as a general note to echo the sentiments of other posters, FW is a blast every time, and we win A LOT. I think we've won every time I've had the honor of playing on our team. I'm psyched to make a contribution again now that I've got some competitive video.

That's right Mike, we've won the last three Forum Warz...HANDS DOWN :D

No, your score should be better in XP for the gaming tests...if you were running 2x 4870x2...then you need Vista. :beer:

Time to get the box fan in the window and fire up the delta then. Serious noise pollution. :D

Gonna go do some researches then.

Back