• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems after flashing 9500pro with Warp11 bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duke Blackfist

I have been trying to unlock my Connect3D 9500pro, using ATIflash and the warp11 bios. However, after I flashed it, I had trouble running any game, bf1942 would hang with a black screen and 3dmark2001se would also freeze. I haven't tried overclocking the card yet.

I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled afterwards.

I read somewhere that there's a Dark Mage bios available for the card, but I've had no luck finding out anything about it.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Cheers.

Did you use the bios version specific to your memory type? Which bios did you use and what type of memory do you have on your card?

3D Mark 2001 doesn't run on my 9500Pro either but everything else runs great

the only bios I've been able to find was the warp11 ATi Radeon 9500 Pro Beta BIOS.

I think my card has 3.3ns Infineon memory (what does that mean anyway??). Also written on the chips, which are arranged in a straight line along the card, is: DDR SGRAM
HYB25D128323C 3.3
A0226 SUU27883

If the warp11 bios isn't the right one for that memory, does anyone know where I can get one?

Also, am I right in thinking that Infineon memory isn't too good for o/c?

My card also has Infineon 3.3 and you can see my results in the sig

I used the 9500_33.bin bios b/c its optimized for cards with infineon 3.3 memory. If you wanna give it a try PM me with your email addy and I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

Coming from experience, you don't have to even flash the card to o/c it. All you have to do, is install drivers with the 9500->9700 hack, even though you have a 9500pro and you don't enable anything on hardware level by using it. What it does though, from my understanding, is it allows windows to circumvent the bios clock lock. It works on my 9500pro, with no problems at all, and the best part is, worst case is you'd have to reformat or reinstall drivers if something did go terribly wrong.

Perfect thread for a question I have about the warp bios. What is the benefit of using it, why should I use it. Also should I put the warp11 bios in before or after doing the W1zzard softmod as this is listed on his site. I don't mean to steal your thread, thanks.

Ok, now I have even more questions...
Deez, I definately want that bios if it's worked well for you. The warp11 bios did nothing for me.
Gerfey, where do these hacked drivers come from? My understanding so far was that you have to unlock the card by flashing the bios, nothing to do with drivers?!
Wannaoc, the warp11 bios(s) unlock the limit ATi put on the card to stop overclocking, but it depends on what memory the card has, and other stuff. I've never heard of the W1zzard softmod, what does it do?

The hacked drivers are available packaged within the omega drivers, although he doesn't have the omega 3.5 drivers out yet. The hacked drivers are the ones that have the W1zzard softmod in them (designed to turn 9500 (non pro) into 9700 card, but a result of that was also to enable overclocking on the 9500pro and 9700non-pro cards, as well as the 9500). Although the clock is locked at the bios level, it is possible for windows to bypass the bios of the video card, and that's what the softmod does.

Hope that helps

I have a ATI 9500pro with 3.3 memory also. I downloaded the kit from this link. It has everthing to make the disks ect..... for flashing your card.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33681382

There are 2 bin in that kit you can use.

">>> 9500_33.BIN is TriC's overclockable BIOS for cards with Infineon 3.3ns vidRAM.

>>> ORIGINAL_33.BIN and FIXED_33.BIN are the original and overclockable (respectively) BIOS'z for an ATI-branded Radeon9500PRO with Infineon 3.3ns vidRAM. This BIOS "appears" newer AND different than TriC's 9500_33.BIN BIOS when opened with RadEdit and/or a HEX-editor."

I tried both the 9500_33.BIN and the FIXED_33.BIN files. Did not see anything diffrent running games or 3dmark. But I have read a few people say the FIXED_33.BIN works alittle better, so I am just using that one now. I hope this helps

Also if you see in that post he talks about darkmage...

"darkmage's 9500_30.BIN and FIXED_30.BIN are PERFECTLY identical when opened with RadEdit and/or a HEX-editor"

well, I flashed the card with the 9500_33.bin bios (thanks to deez) and installed the Omega drivers and the card is now unlocked and I'm able to overclock. Thanks everyone!

Back