• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

light torrent program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My router is plenty good... Wrt54gl with dd-wrt... when azerus starts allowing 1000connections flooding the router something is wrong... even when i limited my max global connections to 50ppl.
Sounds like some setting didn't stick? :shrug:

I just wouldn't like the idea of people watching/knowing what I am downloading, and the first thing i think of when i hear bittorrent is its use for illegal file sharing.

Would they actually know what you are downloading? or would they just see that you had large volumes of data downloaded?
BitTorrent is not the protocol to be using if you don't want people to know what you're downloading ;) There was ZERO attempt by the creator of the protocol to make that info hard to get. All you need to do is join the swarm and *bam* you know the IP address of everybody getting the file. From there its only a little harder to show that IP XXX.YYY.ZZZ.AAA downloaded ???MB of data from you. After that, if you own the rights to the file being downloaded, you might just have enough evidence to convince the ISP to give you a name, and from there you can go to the courts.

JigPu

uTorrent ++

Also, I'm able to run utorrent with 10,000 connection behind my router and it works flawlessly.

Linksys RV042

Back