• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature doesn't show for WD7500AAKS drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jwwpua

I just got 2 WD7500AAKS drives and installed them in my Asus P5B-E using the intel matrix raid setup.

For some reason, the temps don't display in multiple programs. (Everest, HD Tune)

However, my PATA drive temperature shows. Is there something in the BIOS I need to set up differently?

I can't remember if the BIOS shows drive temps, but they don't show up in there either.

Though, if you have a 3rd party program that you can boot to that can monitor the temp of an individual drive, you could temporarily disable RAID in your BIOS. I'd think if you did that you should be able to do what you want. I'm gonna look into it more myself. Anyone know of a program you can boot to that will display HDD temps?

Though, if you have a 3rd party program that you can boot to that can monitor the temp of an individual drive, you could temporarily disable RAID in your BIOS. I'd think if you did that you should be able to do what you want. I'm gonna look into it more myself. Anyone know of a program you can boot to that will display HDD temps?

yup... you could say have a disk of bart PE, and on an external hd have everest home edition, disable raid, boot up bart pe, then run everest home edition.

but in raid you cant see drive temps or n e thing from smart data.

Back