• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NOTICE -BENCH TEAM MEMBERSHIP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REVISED REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE BENCHING TEAM.

In order to become an official Overclockers.com bench team member, gain access to the lounge and carry the banner you need to fulfill the following basic and easy requirements .

1. Register at HWBot.org and affiliate to the OC Forums team.

2. Submit a minimum of ten complete benchmark tests at HWbot.org - choose 10 from the following list of HWbot rankings.

3DMark01

3DMark03

3DMark05

3DMark06

3DMark Vantage

Aquamark

Super PI 1M

Super PI 32M

PIFast

PCMark05

CPU-Z

wPrime 32M

wPrime 1024M

Heaven benchmark

-please note SiSoft Sandra & PCMark04 no longer earn Team points and do not qualify for team membership

3. Bench and gather points until you have reached, or exceeded a minimum total HWbot point count (global + hardware points) of 20 (twenty).

4. Once you complete your 10 benches (one of each bench, total 10) AND you have reached, or exceeded, the 20 point count, send a private message (PM) to either Brolloks or sno.lcn (Bench Team Leaders) requesting to join the team and providing a link to your hwbot profile so they can review your submissions. If accepted, you'll get under your username, gain access to the private team area for secrets and tips, and get to hang out with a great bunch of guys ready and willing to help you get the most from your hardware (or kill it trying) :).

The changes are effective as of the date and time of this post
Brolloks and sno.lcn
OCF Benching Team Leaders

Last edited:
Questions and Answers :

Question : Why are these changes being made to the entry requirements?
Answer : We as a team would like to present a challenge to all existing as well as new members as far as joining and being active. The 20 point minimum ensures that we all keep an eye on the game and help us team grow sustainably and also draw benchers from the forum that is serious about the game. We furthermore hope this will keep people motivated to stay active.

Question
: What if I am a bench member now but do not meet the 20 point minimum requirement?
Answer : You will be given 30 days to increase you points to reach the 20 point minimum requirement.

Question : What if I fall below the 20 point minimum with the time to come?
Answer : It is your responsibility to check your point status on hwbot.org on a frequent basis to see if you meet the minimum, however you will be notified if you fall below and given 30 days to increase your points to the 20 point minimum or above.

Question : What if I do not meet the 20 point minimum after the 30 days in both cases as explained above?
Answer : You will lose your access to the benching lounge and your benching banner will be removed from your avatar.

Question : What if I'm unable to catch up on my points due to personal circumstances but would like to resume my benching activities and catch up soon?
Answer : Please contact the team leaders explaining your situation and we will review your case.

Question : What if I just cannot get above the 20 points and need help?
Answer : We encourage you to contact the team leaders or any of the team members carrying the banner to assist and help you to get there. We are there to help grow the bench community and strive to teach people the art of benching, no one should feel left behind !!

Question : How do I know what the team members's point count is?
Answer : Look here at the member list

Question : Where can I find some tips and tricks on how to run benchmarks more effectively to get more points?
Answer : Here is a great article on various benchmarks and how to get the most of it (LINK)

Last edited:
seba, you can still come to the team open area, and we will still be there also. not quite as cozy but still fun. dont give up on us. we are all still here to help.

Not giving up... Not by a long shot.. I may have to stay out of the "private" area for a couple weeks, but I'll be on here just as much as I have been for the past few months. Just ask any admin or mod here; they'll tell you just how much time I spend on this board... Just don't let my boss find out!!!
:sn:

I like it, signing up to the team (running the 10 benchmarks) and then doing nothing more, is like installing fah or seti and never running it.....Whats the point.

Good move Brolloks and sno.lcn :thup:

Just remember guys, if you need help obtaining your 20-points you are more than welcome to open a thread here or shoot any of us benching team members a PM.

Its better to ask questions if you need help than to never figure out what is going wrong :thup:

Ohhhhh... That's all? Better than no restrictions I guess. :shrug:

We are in no way trying to discourage new members from joining our ranks. As a legitimate team, we simply need to protect what is ours (and what has been left for us by those that preceded us), and the exclusivity of the benching lounge needs to be on par for a team of our caliber.
Benching team members will be out in force, in the Benchmarking sub-forum, ready to provide anyone with help in obtaining Member status. Anyone willing to show a little team dedication and some benching drive, will not be left to fend for themselves. We will walk the walk with you.
This is building team spirit, this is how you get to know team members... this is how you become one of us :salute:

I like it, signing up to the team (running the 10 benchmarks) and then doing nothing more, is like installing fah or seti and never running it.....Whats the point.

Good move Brolloks and sno.lcn :thup:

Thanks Dean

Just to be clear, it's not like they are being kicked off the team.
They just wont have access to the lounge or have the banner.

Absolutely correct Dean, thanks for pointing that out:thup:

I'll be there soon! :salute:
*Looks towards the door, hoping the delivery guy will be here soon*

:burn:

I'll be there soon! :salute:
*Looks towards the door, hoping the delivery guy will be here soon*

:burn:

do come see us. we welcome all newcomers, requirements change, but our commaraderie is still the same as always. hope to see you soon.

I think heaven dx11 is the only boint bearing one at this time.

Brolloks you can add the Heaven benchmark to your list as well. :thup:

Talking about Heaven,

Easy boints going for now, I ran it the other night just to see how the online score thing worked.
Think my score with the cpu at 4.3 and the gpu all but at stock was 36th out of 20 :D
And I received 5.1 boints LOL

3D Mark 11 may well be the same.

Howdy boy's
Love the heaven bench.. I hope they get the unhackable code straightened out soon..
Will HWBOT have a recall on all scores because of the hack?

Back