• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4400 X2 Toledo "89" watts. How is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

I went ahead and bought this A64 4400 X2 s939, 2x1mb L2, ADV4400CDBOX that just has been posted by newegg.
It is an "89" watts vs "110" the older version, and also has a TDP of 71c vs 65c compared to ADA4400CDBOX.
Just wondering if anyone has overclocked it and how good?
should have it by Monday and will let you know how this one overclocks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103626

EDIT: below is the list of stepping and corresponding overclock so far posted here by members.

CCBIE 0610 DPMW ......... 3003 mhz ; Superpi 32M
LCB9E 0635 GPCW.......... 2.97 ghz- stable ; 3120mhz cpuz validated
CCBIE 0610 DPMW ......... 2.96 ghz
CCBIE 0610 DPMW......... 2.9 ghz- still in progress
CCBWE 0613 BPMW ......... 2.8-2.9 ghz
CCBWE 0613 BPMW ............2.7 ghz
CCBWE 0609 FPMW .......... 2.61 ghz
CCBWE 0609DPMW .......... 2.53 ghz- still in progress

If I missed anyone please let me know. The stepping and how high oc plus a screenshot of whatever stability test you are using would be great.

Last edited:
Epsilon84 said:
Slightly off topic, but out of interest, do you also post on Anandtech forums ochungry?
not anymore. That site has turned into an Intel marketing pitch.
Notice how they keep writing articles about Intel's stuff (3 already on Asrock mobo), but so little on AM2's such as which motherboard for AM2, so on and so forth. With the Asrock articles they are attempting to encourage AMD users w/ DDR rams to buy conroe and use arsock board since it can use DDR (instead of DDR2). I hope I am wrong though, I like their reviews.

ochungry said:
I went ahead and bought this A64 4400 X2 s939, 2x1mb L2, ADV4400CDBOX that just has been posted by newegg.
It is an "89" watts vs "110" the older version, and also has a TDP of 71c vs 65c compared to ADA4400CDBOX.
Just wondering if anyone has overclocked it and how good?
should have it by Monday and will let you know how this one overclocks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103626

I just got mine from newegg today, the codes on the chip are ADV4400DAA6CD CCBIE 0610 DPMW.

I'll let you all know how it performs.

EDIT: It came with the non-heatpipe cooler.

Last edited:
benbaked said:
I just got mine from newegg today, the codes on the chip are ADV4400DAA6CD CCBIE 0610 DPMW.

I'll let you all know how it performs.
great, please do let us know how it OC's.
I looked into Opteron 165 but ended up w/ this 4400. The Opteron has not come down in price as much as A64 x2's. This 4400 is 89 watts, 2x1mb L2 and as I understand, it comes w/ stock heatpipe HSF. an Opteron 175 for less than 1/2 the price. Hope it overclocks as good as opteron, but I will be very happy w/ 2.7ghz.
Let us know.

Mine (from newegg) will be dropped off today :)

Any initial results?! SUCKS it doesn't come with the heatpipe cooler, i was going to use that on my old 3200+ :(

I installed it during lunch, removed the 144, reset the cmos jumper, applied the proper amount of AS5 to the 4400, put it all back together...and the system won't boot. Looks like I'll have to pull the battery out and I didn't have enough time during lunch (spent too much time swearing)

:mad: biostar!!!!!!!!

I just recently OC'd mine. It's a mild OC, but still it's a step. I am using the Zalman 9500LED for the cooler and my temps under load hit aobut 45-46. It is only OC'd to 2.5 (stock volts) atm with the HTT at 250 and the memory at 250. I am running PC4000 so the memory isn't OC'd yet. I'll be cranking it up some more next week.

OC1.jpg

OC2.jpg

benbaked said:
I installed it during lunch, removed the 144, reset the cmos jumper, applied the proper amount of AS5 to the 4400, put it all back together...and the system won't boot. Looks like I'll have to pull the battery out and I didn't have enough time during lunch (spent too much time swearing)

:mad: biostar!!!!!!!!

I know some earlier bios's don't boot with x2's, so make sure you have a newer bios.

I just got home with mine, and about to shut down my comp and put it in :) Wish me luck!

iLLestOne said:
I know some earlier bios's don't boot with x2's, so make sure you have a newer bios.

I just got home with mine, and about to shut down my comp and put it in :) Wish me luck!

Good luck man, and give us the results. I amthinking about getting one of these things myself

So far bad news. I put it in, cleared CMOS (and unlugged and took out battery), and it won't boot. It just beeps ONCE, and then sits there. There is a red light on on the bottom, does that mean something!?!?! This SUCKS

EDIT: I guess it was a ram issue, but it's up and running now.

Stock @ 1.328v and idling at 28c. My 3200+ idled around 23c, but I guess this one will probably be hotter since there is 2 cores, lol.

Now for the oc'in :)

Last edited:
iLLestOne said:

No success. I updated to the latest bios available on their website but it won't power up with the X2, only with my Opteron. I know the bios update was successful because I cleared cmos and rebooted with the Opteron still installed right after I was done updating.

Another weird thing, this has also happened in the past and I can't remember what the cause was. After I put the Opteron back in (after the bios update too) it wouldn't boot up. I was pressing the button on the case and the button on the motherboard but nothing. Then 20 seconds later after walking away I hear all of the fans kick on and the thing boots up fine. :shrug:

So I removed the Opteron, and put the 4400 back in there (reset the cmos jumper too). A few seconds after I notice that the power supply has completely shut off, the switch on the power supply is not illuminated even if I switch it on/off (it is a Bluestorm, switch should be illuminated when it is pluged in and switched on). I had to remove the power cord, then plug it back in to get the power supply's switch to reilluminate, but still no boot with the 4400.

The manual says it supports the X2, I can't see why it wouldn't support an 89w chip if that is the case. :bang head:

Last edited:
I'm also thinking about buything that particular X2 4400, but I heard the OCing it isn't as great as the other one. Just my thought, but I am not sure.

@benbaked: ...20 seconds later o.0? umm i do believe you mobo is messed up then. if you rpsu has been ruled out then iunno what besides the mobo could cause somthing like that. that's so weird though...never heard of such a delay...actualy haven't heard of any delay at all that i can recall. did it ever do that with the old bios?

Pirate_Freder said:
...actualy haven't heard of any delay at all that i can recall. did it ever do that with the old bios?

Yeah, it had in the past. I haven't tried switching out the RAM yet, I'm :beer: right now so I can't, but I don't see how that (ram, not drinking) would be the problem. I disabled the 3.3vdimm jumper so it should be running the RAM at default voltage. I should try pulling the battery again as well as unplugging the power supply connectors from the motherboard for about ten minutes. At this point it could be either the cpu or the motherboard I'm thinking, I don't particularly want to buy another socket 939 motherboard to run this 4400, but I want to run the 4400 if it does in fact work.

Last edited:
benbaked said:
Yeah, it had in the past. I haven't tried switching out the RAM yet, I'm :beer: right now so I can't, but I don't see how that (ram, not drinking) would be the problem. I disabled the 3.3vdimm jumper so it should be running the RAM at default voltage. I should try pulling the battery again as well as unplugging the power supply connectors from the motherboard for about ten minutes. At this point it could be either the cpu or the motherboard I'm thinking, I don't particularly want to buy another socket 939 motherboard to run this 4400, but I want to run the 4400 if it does in fact work.
Could be bad cpu or motherboard EOL. Did you buy the cpu as an oem, or open box?
if opteron works I dont see why this one should'nt.
You might want to set the bios to optimal setting (when the opteron is in and boots) and set ram timings to auto, and flexibility option enabled, if you have this feature.

Moonbiter said:
I just recently OC'd mine. It's a mild OC, but still it's a step. I am using the Zalman 9500LED for the cooler and my temps under load hit aobut 45-46. It is only OC'd to 2.5 (stock volts) atm with the HTT at 250 and the memory at 250. I am running PC4000 so the memory isn't OC'd yet. I'll be cranking it up some more next week.
may I ask why you have cpu multiplier set to 10x instead of 11x?
give it more vcore (1.475v maybe)and OC from 2500mhz upward, 5 mhz at the time. But this time set multi to stock (11x).

benbaked said:
Try it with one ram in. My board wouldn't boot either, but then I put 1 ram in, loaded opt. defaults, and now it runs fine with both in :)

So far I got 2 hrs of prime (x2) stable at 250x10 w/ stock volts. I'll run it overnight, but it seems like these might be some good chips :) My 3200 could only get 2.5 w/ 1.55v....I now have high hopes for this chip :)

Well, I removed my OCZ Rams and installed just one stick of ValueSelect 3200 in DIMM1. Also, disconnected the power supply connectors from the motherboard, as well as removed the battery and cleared the CMOS jumper for a total of ten minutes. Then I plugged it all back in, nothing. Also, I've disconnected the hard drive and burner from the motherboard as well as removed their connections to the power supply. Still though, nothing at all happens when I press the power button...not even the fans spin.

Just my luck, the first time in my life that I may have received a good stepping for overclocking...and the damned thing doesn't work. If the chip really is dead...:mad: If the motherboard is causing these issues I'm going to take a hammer to it and pull a mad office space beatdown on it before tossing it in the trash.

Last edited:
Back