• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Afterburner has voltage control for 6XXX series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm running at 950/1230 at 1.2v so far. :D EDIT: I got the same performance with those settings using CCC too though. I might just see how far I can push it with Afterburner.

Where can I snag an unlocked BIOS for my 6970? I have a waterblock for it, but I want to do some pre-wc testing.

Why do you need an unlocked BIOS if you have a 6970? Does anyone with an unlocked 6950 else have an issue with Kombustor saying that I'm running 1408 cores instead of 1536 of what a 6970 should be? In GPU-Z it says I'm good but I guess since I'm still technically using a 6950 BIOS just modded it says I have less than what I actually do.

Off topic but how are you using that radiator? No case except for maybe a Mountain Mods can fit that thing. Are you running open bench with that setup? I'd imagine your temps are similar to LN2 :) How does your 6970 manage to get to 61c when an Atric Accelero Extreme can keep it under 60c? Show picture of it lol.

Why do you need an unlocked BIOS if you have a 6970? Does anyone with an unlocked 6950 else have an issue with Kombustor saying that I'm running 1408 cores instead of 1536 of what a 6970 should be? In GPU-Z it says I'm good but I guess since I'm still technically using a 6950 BIOS just modded it says I have less than what I actually do.

Off topic but how are you using that radiator? No case except for maybe a Mountain Mods can fit that thing. Are you running open bench with that setup? I'd imagine your temps are similar to LN2 :) How does your 6970 manage to get to 61c when an Atric Accelero Extreme can keep it under 60c? Show picture of it lol.

I was under the impressions I'd need to unlock the BIOS to push a higher OC.

As for my rad, I built a custom stand for it that the case mounts to. I just have stock cooling on my card right now. I'm working on doing a video tutorial on a 6970 waterblock installation. I just moved though and don't have a ton of time right now. I currently have no web access except via Tethering my iPhone to my system. - Which works wonderfully!

To get a higher OC just turn up the voltage and make sure you have cooling for it.

Back