• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 2 - Multiplayer DEMO *Now Live*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnmachine

Crysis 2 - Official Thread

Hey all, Just letting you know the Crysis multiplayer demo for PC has launched.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Or download via STEAM

Also here are the requirements for the demo as well:

Attachments

• crysis2reqs1.png
    crysis2reqs1.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
Too bad it's only MP, guess I'll have to settle with gameplay footage on YouTube...

Graphics setting is limited in the demo but the gameplay is better than I expected. I may have to purchase this game.

Where do you sign up for an account?

There is an in-game registration.

Also I have been playing it for the past few hours and I love it, feels nice has responsive controls and looks great. I understand it is only a dx9 version but it still looks stunning. I will definitely be buying this one, I suggest everyone at least check out the demo.

There is an in-game registration.

Also I have been playing it for the past few hours and I love it, feels nice has responsive controls and looks great. I understand it is only a dx9 version but it still looks stunning. I will definitely be buying this one, I suggest everyone at least check out the demo.

Okay thanks. I tried registering, and it seemed like the server timed out.. :[

After struggling to get online all morning, finally got on and discovered that Crysis 2 doesn't play nice with usb headsets... so not to pleased with Cryteks rollout of the demo.

Other than that though, its fun enough. Alot like COD4 with the nanosuit twist, which is good enough and if the rpg elements are deep, I might spend more time with the multiplayer than I originally planned. And the game itself looks awesome, better than the original by a decent margin, and it runs better as well on my 480. Is this how I expected Crysis 2 to look when I played Crysis back in 07? No, but judged on its own merits it still looks great. And to be fair, dx11 hasn't been released yet, so we might still see another leap in visuals. Ive heard theories that theyre keep the "Ultra" mode under wraps until the game releases so console gamers don't get upset about the comparison, don't know if its true or not, but regardless its a fun game and Crytek has earned my money.

Edit- Just tried out the game on the low gamer settings, still looks very good, and supposedly will run at 40+fps @ 1680*1050 on an 8800GT!!! Thats impressive optimization, really anyone with a GTX260 or above is going to be able to run this very well. But I keep getting kicked out of games, which is pissing me off.

Last edited:
downloading it since it's legal. Not like the earlier beta version that was leaked. No need to worry about FBI knocking at my door for downloading this one.

:chair: I think...

Anyone else notice that their GPU's are running warmer than normal in this game? Normally I don't see higher than 65C max, but today I think C2 has taken it as high as 72C, interesting.

Anyone else notice that their GPU's are running warmer than normal in this game? Normally I don't see higher than 65C max, but today I think C2 has taken it as high as 72C, interesting.

Not really but my GPU usage was out of whack, I am getting 99% usage on my second card and ~30% on my first one. I assume this is just a beta issue but it still runs great nonetheless. Also this seems like a really old build of the game around the time of the 360 beta it also is only running in DX9 so people saying it looks like garbage are judging an unfinished game.

The biggest issue I have is finding a match with an acceptable ping.

Back