• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Have A 7850 2GB Should I Install Nvidia Physx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Never mind I tested it in BL2 since the sherlock installed it and it makes the game even better with snow flying out from bullet holes etc

Well, that is not really the whole story. You can use physics on an AMD using the CPU cores if it is installed but it will not be as good as using GPU cores, not in most cases, but using an I7 might be pretty good. You can also use a spare Nvidia card as the psysics engine but have not really read much about it for a few years. Here is a link to read about it.

Yeah borderlands two physx, even on medium, will choke out a [email protected]. It becomes most apparent in a multiplayer firefight, or areas with a lot of water physx. Dropping below ten fps is to be expected if you end up having a multiplayer shootout in a room with high water effects like the whirlpool or the caustic caverns.

Yeah borderlands two physx, even on medium, will choke out a [email protected]. It becomes most apparent in a multiplayer firefight, or areas with a lot of water physx. Dropping below ten fps is to be expected if you end up having a multiplayer shootout in a room with high water effects like the whirlpool or the caustic caverns.

Do you have it switched off or on if so what are you set too, if I chucked in a Nvidia card for physx would a lower end one do like a 9600GT or a little more later.

as to my knowledge the 9600gt will work just fine as a physx card but running hybrid physx with an AMD card doesnt work out very well or at least not for me (6970 with a 450gts and then a 280gtx) it uses a special custom made driver that works sometimes and dont other times lol its a great idea if they could make it main stream and not a hacked mod

I was looking at this a GT610 for use with the physx part just a few more questions.

1) If I buy it how do you install it with my primary card being the 7850.

2) How do I make sure the 610 is being used as physx only or is being used by the physx software?

You have to Google hybrid physx and follow directions on a game by game basis to get it to work. Some games are more complicated than others, and it isn't as simple as setting it up and then it just works for all physx games. You have to try various nvidia driver versions, and physx packages. The nvidia drivers have to be cracked for it to work and nvidia keeps enhancing the block so only older drivers work. It really does seem like a good idea until you try it, and then not so much.

You have to Google hybrid physx and follow directions on a game by game basis to get it to work. Some games are more complicated than others, and it isn't as simple as setting it up and then it just works for all physx games. You have to try various nvidia driver versions, and physx packages. The nvidia drivers have to be cracked for it to work and nvidia keeps enhancing the block so only older drivers work. It really does seem like a good idea until you try it, and then not so much.

In the end I turned it off for Borderlands 2 I got used to it not being there so not really that bothered plus I can't be bothered with all the messing around now, I'm saving up for the i7 4820k CPU and R280 GPU

Back