• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting blue screen and sometimes it goes completely black.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MightyPotatoe

So yeah whenever i play the game smite and ive minimized, once i try to open up the game again either get a blue screen or or it just goes completely black but i can still hear sounds thats being played in hte backround, music and such.
i re-installed the game, updated the drivers for CCC and for my cards. first time ive ever gotten blue screen or such.
I havnt tried what happens on other game but since there has been no new patches to the game lately it cant be the game.
i have Sapphire HD 6850 in crossfire.
And yeah i havnt installed any new components or any new software.

So yeah whenever i play the game smite and ive minimized, once i try to open up the game again either get a blue screen or or it just goes completely black but i can still hear sounds thats being played in hte backround, music and such.

Well it sounds like the game smite does not support crossfire, and from a brief googling of crossfire and Smite, I've found that people do not gain performance in crossfire mode. That tells me the game is not optimized for crossfire and your having driver issues because of it.

I suggest turning crossfire off.

Also suggest that either A you run the game in a window and alt/tab your way to the desktop (the game remains on desktop this way) or B don't minimize or alt/tab from the game.

Hope this helps, GLHF

ShrimpBrime

Back