• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit VL6 being highly unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

befamfivh

Just got an Abit VL6 (using the VIA apollo pro 133). The problem is I can't even get through setting CPU speeds in the BIOS before the comp freezes up on me.

I've tried two different PIIIs with the computer and two different power supplies, so I'm guessing the problem is with the board itself.

Has anyone ever had experience with this board (or one similar) and this type of thing happening, or has anyone even heard of this kind of problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and the board seems to have a different physical layout than what is shown in the pictures in the manual (BIOS battery, BIOS clear jumpers, and a few other things were not where the manual indicated they should be). Anyone know if the board I got was an old unstable revision or something?

Thanks again

befamfivh said:
Just got an Abit VL6 (using the VIA apollo pro 133). The problem is I can't even get through setting CPU speeds in the BIOS before the comp freezes up on me.

I've tried two different PIIIs with the computer and two different power supplies, so I'm guessing the problem is with the board itself.

Has anyone ever had experience with this board (or one similar) and this type of thing happening, or has anyone even heard of this kind of problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and the board seems to have a different physical layout than what is shown in the pictures in the manual (BIOS battery, BIOS clear jumpers, and a few other things were not where the manual indicated they should be). Anyone know if the board I got was an old unstable revision or something?

Thanks again

I've had two of these recently. Not the greatest motherboard. One of them I had to RMA. Turns out the controller was bad, wouldn't boot.

I'd send it back, get a VH6T or VH6-II which are much nicer boards for only a few more $$.

Back